Thread: Anyone ever dealt with Breguet Camera in Hong Kong?

Do or do not. There is no try.

Anyone ever dealt with Breguet Camera in Hong Kong?

They seem to be a big eBay seller with the not-very-original ID of breguetcamera. They have something I'm interested in.

Thx.

steve

Re: Anyone ever dealt with Breguet Camera in Hong Kong?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Goldstein View Post
    They seem to be a big eBay seller with the not-very-original ID of breguetcamera. They have something I'm interested in.

Thx.

steve
    Never bought from them but have had a strange experience with them. They claim to be selling a bunch of Rollei TLR "prototypes" for about eight or nine grand each. To see such an item come out of Hong Kong, I became just a little suspicious and contacted them. I flat out told them I thought the "Rollei TLRs" were fake and promptly received a return email saying "F**k you" and that their products are "not fakes".

I contacted Rollei in Germany and they seem to know nothing about such cameras saying they only manufacture digital cameras and have done for for about five years. Ok, Breguet, fine. So, just where did these come from? Most companies never let prototypes out of their buildings or our of their sight. Again, ask yourself, just where did these come from? Sounds too good to be true!

There might be a translation issue or misunderstanding. Some of the Rollei TLRs were made after Franke & Heidecke went into receivership some years ago. Some serial numbers were missing or inconsistent. Perhaps the cameras in question were simply made during a transition. Dunno.

I have worked with Breguet and they were perfectly straightforward and their descriptions accurate, however none were for prototyp cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by azdustdevil View Post
    I contacted Rollei in Germany and they seem to know nothing about such cameras saying they only manufacture digital cameras and have done for for about five years.
    These are the people who are responsible for Rollei film cameras now - the "Rollei" company in Germany holds the rights to the name for other purposes:

http://www.dhw-fototechnik.de/