Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4x5 Film motordrive?

4x5 Film motordrive?

I seem to remember a motorized 4x5 film holder...it would hold x number of sheet s of 4x5 and load and unload them into the graflock-compatible film back in sequence...in essence, a motordri ve for 4x5 cameras...I can't recall who made it, or if it even got past the press release stage (remember it from shutterbug more a few years back.) Can anyone supply any more information?

Than

4x5 Film motordrive?

I think you were dreaming.....but if you find one I'd sure be interested, Chet

4x5 Film motordrive?

This sounds suspiciously like the autofocus Speed Graphic on the Graflex.org web site a couple of years ago, posted April 1. It was a joke Sig.

4x5 Film motordrive?

SINAR, that haven for the engineer with too much time on his hands, made a motorized 4X5 film magazine, that held 100 sheets. I cannot find the article I clipped that showed it, but it was in one of those PhotoKina product review articles they run.

Since we're talking wacky, has any one seen or used Peter Gowlands 8X10 TLR? For fifty extra credit points, name the company that made a looong lens for 35mm (and the lenses focal lenght & max ap.) that was sooo expensive that, if you bought the lens, they'd GIVE you a Volkswagon!

4x5 Film motordrive?

Pardon my ignorance, buy why in the world would anybody want to shoot 4x5 at motor-drive speeds? If one really needs to shoot lots of frames of fast-moving action, there are plenty of good 35mm cameras on the market. To me, working slowly and carefully, investing a lot of time, energy and thought in each sheet of film, is what makes LF so attractive. Burning film like a 35mm motor-drive freak defeats the whole reason for choosing this medium.

4x5 Film motordrive?

i too saw it demonstrated at PhotoExpo in NYC circa 1990 or 1991. Everybody else has the details pretty much right but I don't think that this was an official S INAR product. As for why might you need one? Catalog fashion work (remember this was 1990/1991. I am not sure if it ever really went into production.

SINAR, that haven for the engineer with too much time on his hands, made a motor ized 4X5 film magazine, that held 100 sheets. I cannot find the article I clippe d that showed it, but it was in one of those PhotoKina product review articles t hey run.

"Since we're talking wacky, has any one seen or used Peter Gowlands 8X10 TLR? " Yes.

"For fifty extra credit points, name the company that made a looong lens for 35mm (and the lenses focal lenght & max ap.) that was sooo expensive that, if yo u bought the lens, they'd GIVE you a Volkswagon!"

A Volkswagen Rabbit or Golf if I am not mistaken. The company was E.Leitz and I think the lens was an 800 f/5.6, and this was the late 1970's and the total cost of the lens was around US$20,000. But isn't this the photographic equivalent of an urban legend?

4x5 Film motordrive?

Well, I'm not sure. If an urban legend is a myth, something that never really occured, than no, it's not, I have clippings on the Leitz lens including the advertisement that ran in U.S. photo mags. I tend to clip useful articles, how to's and the irresistably wacky. If you want, I'm willing to send photo copys.

I can't recall the gent's name that has done the mother-load of research on Urban Myths, but I can heartily reccomend his books, "The Choking Doberman" and "The Baby Train". There are others, but titles escape me at the moment.

4x5 Film motordrive?

The back was made by a photographer named Wolf or Fox.

Unfortunately it scratched film and was never produced as a product.

Linhof had looked at it as we do have a motorized vacumm roll back for 5" film but when it wouldn't work the interest naturally ended

4x5 Film motordrive?

I think the author Sean was thinking of is Jan Harold Brunvand. He wrote 'the vanishing hitch hiker: American urban legends & their meanings,' that and other collections of urban legends.

3D-Stereo-Aeropanoramas

Re: 4x5 Film motordrive?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Load 50.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	145631
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    I seem to remember a motorized 4x5 film holder...it would hold x number of sheet s of 4x5 and load and unload them into the graflock-compatible film back in sequence...in essence, a motordri ve for 4x5 cameras...I can't recall who made it, or if it even got past the press release stage (remember it from shutterbug more a few years back.) Can anyone supply any more information?

Than
    I have a fax from june 12, 1995 which was sent to aperion mark w. owen-vice-president of Mission Viejo California located Aperion Inc.
    i am repeating what he already wrote in a letter. Load 50 4x5 motordrive no more in production.
    after i had seen it in popular photography(most probably- date cannot be seen on photocopy neither page- it could be modern photography) in part two: accessories, deardoff 8x10 and v-pan 617 on left side.
    It was called: Load 50 4x5 Motordrive
    image of device and a large amount of 4x5-holder as counterpart on left side.
    text here:
    "One of the most intriguing items at the show was the Load 50 4x5 motor drive marketed by Aperion Inc. The Load 50 is a compact motor-drive unit that can cycle up to 50 sheets of film a minute. It inserts into the camera in the same manner as standard 2-sheet film holder. Jobs that were formerly considered too cumbersome for large format, such as action or fashion, are now feasible. The Load 50 includes a remote trigger with film counter, 9V battery pack and dust cover. An optional rechargeable NiCad battery pack is also available: Info: Aperion, Inc."
    NB: Check Bob Salomons message about film-scratches.
    allready discussed and it was on ebay......! was 1800 usd new
    http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ot-motor-drive
    www.stereopan.org
    3DStereo-Aeropanorama-Jungfraujoch