Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Rest in Peace...Per Volquartz 1947-2011

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

Re: Rest in Peace...Per Volquartz 1947-2011

Sad news indeed. The man left a lot of good behind.

Perhaps after the sting has passed, we'll need to organize another free Per Volquartz workshop...
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

What sad news this is... Per was indeed a kind soul and a real gentle man with a HUGE heart.

His love of photography shone through whenever he spoke on the topic!

He'll live on forever through all the students he mentored!

Such a loss... condolences to his family and friends.
    Life in the fast lane!

Landscape/Still Life

I was just thinking of all the good times we had with him but one story that really sticks out in my mind was the road trip with me,per and mike took together to tonopah in may we had a great drive even after he ran over a couple rabbits along the way and I said you just killed thumper!! He was cracking up LOL than on the way back he purchased some peppered jerky and it was too hot for me so I picked up some teriyaki jerky and on the way home we stopped to look at some place on the side of the road and he sat in the car while me and mike walked around to see if any good images could be made and we didn't find none but as we started driving again I went into my jerky bag and started eating some and didn't realize it until it was too late but he had slipped some of his peppered jerky into my bag and we just started cracking up about on the way home I miss that about him being a joker and laughing about our trip with his wife Becky at the dinner table that night!!! He was a great great friend to me!!! I'll never forget him or what he taught me over the years!!! I'm up for any workshop Per style I was thinking of trying to have a get together next year in the Redwoods

I never had the pleasure of meeting him or attending his workshops, but I sure wish I had. Such a wonderfully talented photographer. My you rest in peace.

In the desert...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Galli View Post

monte cristo castle, tonopah workshop, may 2011

Perfect...thanks Jim.

I am very sorry to hear of Per's passing. My condolences to his family and friends.

I am shocked and deeply saddened to learn of Per’s passing. I first met Per thirty-five years ago when he was a participant at the 1976 Ansel Adams Yosemite Workshop. Per’s passion and dedication to photography are clearly visible in the beautiful body of work he leaves behind for us to enjoy. It is indeed a luminous legacy, and a wonderful gift he has given to us. In addition, his many students will continue to make images that will add to richness of our medium. My thoughts and prayers are with Per’s family, and his many friends.
    John Sexton

www.johnsexton.com

info(at)johnsexton.com

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Mark and everyone following this thread. After things settle down a bit we will put something together "Per style" free get together/workshop. First we must take care of the business at hand. When we have info we will post it ASAP. Thanks for everyone's kind words. I'm sure Per is up there going "boy did I fool these guys!"

Big Negs Rock!

Count me in Jim. I'll help anyway I can. Maybe some lighting theory and practice?
    Mark Woods

Large Format B&W
    Cinematography Mentor at the American Film Institute
    Past President of the Pasadena Society of Artists
    Director of Photography
    Pasadena, CA
    www.markwoods.com

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Mark, thanks. I like that Idea and I'm thinking many others would like to learn also. I'm going to help with getting this all together. We have a lot to consider. Thanks so much for your offer as I do appreciate it.