Thread: What are Bausch & Lomb Petzvals going for these days???

What are Bausch & Lomb Petzvals going for these days???

What's a reasonable price range for Bausch and Lomb Petzvals - magic lantern types....10 inch or so...

I've noticed quite a few 'rare' or 'named' lenses, plus 'big' lenses for sale lately....but fewer, and fewer middle to low range petzvals on both the forum and *bay...

Are they really becoming more difficult to find? Hoarders? Supply? Demand?

Thanks,
    Dan
    Last edited by DanK; 20-Jul-2011 at 19:52. Reason: Add Question

Re: What are Bausch & Lomb Petzvals going for these days???

They still pop up from time to time, you just have to keep watching. The brass ones are more popular than the black. If you like, PM me about a 9" brass Magic Lantern petzval lens I'm thinking of selling.

On a related note, there's a seller on Feebay that keeps listing the triplet type of black B&L projector lenses as "Cooke". Several have sold, and several are currently posted. It's interesting that she, and a certain other seller that now concentrates in Cine lenses, can use keyword spamming all day long without Ebay stopping them. But a guy the other day had "Petzval-type" in his title for a CC Harrison, obvious petzval, and Ebay deleted his listing for "keyword spamming". The difference between these sellers is he was a small, infrequent Ebay seller. The others are allowed to do whatever they want because Ebay gets lots of money from the big sellers. Rant over...