Thread: Polaroid 550 holder

Polaroid 550 holder

I recently became the owner of a polaroid 550 film holder. Does this use pack f ilm only, as it appears? Also how do I load the pack film?

Thank you I know these are elementary questions, but well....

Clark

Polaroid 550 holder

Hi Clark,

Try the web site, Polaroid.com/work, or drop the work, look for instructions on film holders Pack film format or call 1800-343-5000

Bill

Polaroid 550 holder

I have checked the Polaroid site and while it has some great info. I need to know how to actually load the pack film in the 550 holder.

Any info is appreciated!

Thank you Clark King

Polaroid 550 holder

I'm guessing here, but probably in the same was as loading any polaroid pack film? Though I have never used 4x5 pack film before, only sheets.

I think these instructions in pdf format cover all the pack films including 4x5 for your 550 holder - shows you how to load the films

Hope it's what you need

http://www.polaroid.com/service/userguides/photographic/instantpackfil msguide.pdf

(you may need to cut and paste the url)

Tim A
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

Polaroid 550 holder

Okay - that last bit that appears cut off on my email needs to be included msguide.pdf - it goes after fil... with NO space

Tim A
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

Polaroid 550 holder

I have two of the 550s. They only take pack film. Just open the box and shove it in with the opening of the film toward the dark slide on the back. I suspect th at Polaroid has made them so they will only go in one direction. After inserting th e film, pull the black leader paper out (make sure the dark slide is in place).

Polaroid 550 holder

Richard, above is right but after you close the back, pull the black "darkslide" of paper to expose the first sheet. You will be looking for Type 572 for 400 B/W and comes only in 10 sheet packs. Be aware that the image is a bit smaller than your 4x5 single sheet Polaroids but they are a good and less expensive way to "proof". Cheers

Polaroid 550 holder

Does the 550 holder have a dark slide? Can you shoot one polaroid sheet, insert dark slide and remove it from the camera back? Or do you need to finish taking all polaroids in the pack before you can remove holder from back?