While digging through boxes from a closed down Photography Studio today I came across this lens wrapped up in bubble wrap. It is a Caltar II-N 210mm f/5.6 lens in a Copal 1 shutter. It is all black and in near mint condition. There were about 10 4x5 film holders and a couple of film back that are marked Polaroid and look like they will take pack style film. This film holder is black and plastic. I ended up taking the whole box because I am building a 4x5 rail camera and need absolutely everything.

I come to large format from a 35mm and digital slr background with a bit of medium format work thrown in. My question is concerning this particular lens and how useful it will be in 4x5 work.

I am googling like crazy to learn but also know that many on this forum have "hands on" experience with these items. Any help or advice is really appreciated. I recently retired and I am building my photography hobby on a SS check budget. I want to learn 4x5 photography and do B&W portraits in the style of the 40's and 50's. Your knowledge will make a difference to me. Thankyou.
Bob