Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kudos to Grimes

Kudos to Grimes

Just got an order back from SK Grimes today and as usual, it is spot-on. In addition to a couple of lens mountings, they adapted a lens chuck to a Sinar board with a Delrin spacer so that the knobs overhang the front panel of the camera with no interference (shown on my Canham). I have another just-slightly-smaller lens chuck on a Sinar board. But the slight difference in size is significant: this one will swallow a Betax 5 shutter as shown. The Delrin adapter is perfect, as is the workmanship. Adam and Joel do a great job. It's not cheap. But it's reasonable for the skill and labor involved. Besides, it's nice to have things work right the first time and with no excuses.

Re: Kudos to Grimes

In my next life, I want to be S. K. Grimes

I love quality.

They're working on a similar job for me right now - figuring out how to shoehorn a slightly-too-large iris clamp into the front standard of an Anniversary Speed Graphic. I'm eagerly awaiting the result.

...and here it is!

A spacer was needed to allow the clamp to clear the uprights of the front standard on the Graphic. In the picture on the right, a larger one they mounted for me a while back, on a Sinar-type board.

Yeah, Steve would be proud of the good work Adam and Co. are doing....always a pleasure to deal with them.
    Tracy Storer
    Mammoth Camera Company tm
    www.mammothcamera.com

No question that the work is of high quality. I've had a couple of front mounts done by SKGrimes over the past year and they are well executed, indeed.

Do Adam & Co. require more time to complete a job than was the case in earlier days or is a two month turnaround (my experience) just what such work entails?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Storer View Post
    Yeah, Steve would be proud of the good work Adam and Co. are doing....always a pleasure to deal with them.

funkadelic

Keep in mind that praising posts like these don't make their backlog of work any shorter.

Is it actually a backlog of work from eager customers swamping the shop or a local practice of only sending completed work out for black anodizing (final cosmetic finishing) only once a month?

Quote Originally Posted by cdholden View Post
    Keep in mind that praising posts like these don't make their backlog of work any shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Graybeard View Post
    Do Adam & Co. require more time to complete a job than was the case in earlier days or is a two month turnaround (my experience) just what such work entails?
    Turnaround on this one was about 10 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by cdholden View Post
    I would think we should be grateful, considering the weakness in the general film industry.

Bob