I realize the relative paltriness of such questions at this hour, but:

Can someone please tell me the simplest way I can go about making 8x10 contact p rints that will have about a one-quarter inch white border on all four sides--us ing a plate of glass to place on top of the negative and paper, and an enlarger as light source? The part I can't figure out is what to use to create the quart er-inch white border between the edge of the image and the edge of the paper, si mply, quickly, accurately from one print to the next.

I have tried the Zone VI 8x10 contact print frame (ZN 7028) and there seems to b e way too much play inside the frame to get accurate and easy borders from print to print. (In fact, I fail to see how evenly bordered prints can be made at all using this frame--at least quickly, easily, and consistently.)

I have tried using an 11x14 Saunders adjustable-blade enlarging easel and placin g the 8x10 negative on top of an 8x10 sheet of printing paper and inserting both into the groove (where just printing paper normally is inserted for making enla rgements) and then placing the 4 blades on top of the negative-paper sandwich an d then placing a sheet of glass on top of the blades, but I don't think there is enough pressure coming down from the glass through the metal blades onto the ne gative and paper to create an optimally sharp print, as the blades are essential ly preventing adequate impact from occuring between the layers.