Thread: EverSmart Jazz+ Expert Mode!!! Where / How?

EverSmart Jazz+ Expert Mode!!! Where / How?

Hey All,

First time poster.... Very long time lurker.

I've recently acquired a Creo Scitex EverSmart Jazz+ and G4 with EverSmart scan and a few manuals (after a few years of keeping an eye out for a cheap, working system).

So far so good, getting pretty good colour negative scans. Two possible issues though:

1: I do not seem to be able to set the output profile to Adobe98. According to the manual the bit of control I need to change this setting is in "expert mode'. Currently all scans are tagged sRGB.
    2: How does one turn Expert Mode on? The manual states it can be turned on with EverSmart Extended application?

For love nor money I have not been able to enable 'expert mode'. Am I wasting my time? I do as much editing as I can in EverSmart scan software so I can make the best of my 8bit Tiffs.

Any thoughts or feed back would be much appreciated.

Re: EverSmart Jazz+ Expert Mode!!! Where / How?

What version of Eversamrt Scan are you running? Try to find the latest Eversmart Scan 3.5.something. It should allow you to save scans of negatives in any profile if I remember correctly. You might need to move to MAC OSX to run that 3.5.x and will need a Ratoc FW to SCSI adapter.

Re: EverSmart Jazz+ Expert Mode!!! Where / How?

I think that in the First version of OSX (Jaguar?) you can run the Eversmart Jazz+ in Expert Mode. The first version of OSX recognizes both the FireWire Setup and SCSI. You could run Jaguar off a G4. That was how I ran my Eversmart Jazz+ in SCSI mode. And Sergey is correct, try to find Eversmart Scan 3.5.1, which was the last version for the Jazz and Jazz+.

Evan

Quote Originally Posted by SergeyT View Post
    What version of Eversamrt Scan are you running? Try to find the latest Eversmart Scan 3.5.something. It should allow you to save scans of negatives in any profile if I remember correctly. You might need to move to MAC OSX to run that 3.5.x and will need a Ratoc FW to SCSI adapter.