Thread: Meter Maven Camera Shop

Meter Maven Camera Shop

Has anyone purchased from this Ebay vendor?

I found a Pentax spot meter for what seems like reasonable price. Shop has good feedback, just wondering if anyone here has had experience with the vendor.

While I'm at it, how do you quickly assess whether a new meter is calibrated properly? My intuition is to evaluate it against the spot meter in my DSLRs.

As much as I trust the matrix meter in my Nikon, it's a tad cumbersome to hump it around in addition to the LF gear, when LF is you only mission for the day. What's worse, people see me with the DSLR and as "if you have that, why the hell are you bothering with that wooden thing "

Re: Meter Maven Camera Shop

The meter calibration really doesn't matter on an absolute scale; it's the stability over time that matters.

For precise control you should calibrate your film, and hence your meter, by doing a film test strip. It's fairly easy to expose thru a step wedge by metering a white card then checking where the appropriate density falls with your standard development. I do this for each large batch of negs. or transparencies I send out for development as well as the home darkroom stuff I do.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

Can anyone weigh in on the vendor, Meter Maven?

Are the Pentax Digitals generally in good shape used or are they sources of pain such that I should consider something like a current year Sekonic?

Yeah, I can. He is fraudulent. I've caught this guy posting multiple photographs of his camera lenses on ebay that were not of the actual lenses he was selling. When I caught this, he banned me from buying from his store. Stay away from this guy. He is very unethical selling you something that he's not giving you.