Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Filmholder Belt Packs

Filmholder Belt Packs

I have no financial interest in this product, but I wanted to put in a good word for Ted Burford, who made these custom filmholder belt packs.

I had noticed that he was advertising darkcloths and 4x5" and 5x7" belt packs on eBay, so I asked if he was the manufacturer, and if he might be able to make some custom packs for me that would be appropriately sized for Grafmatics and for my 5x7" Graflex plate magazine. I sent him the measurements and made a few special requests, which he took into account. The ones on eBay were lined with flannel, and I thought that would attract dust, so I asked for nylon inside and out. I also asked for a pocket on the outside for small accessories or a notepad.

He sent one batch and I thought the seams on the flap and the opening looked weak and might be improved by adding some binding tape to finish the seams. Ted asked for them back and made new ones with the green binding tape you can see in the pictures and improved the placement of the velcro closures, and had them back to me in short order.

They cost me $30 each plus a nominal shipping charge for Priority Mail. It's good to see someone new out there serving our market, and I'm sure he'd be willing to work on cases for lenses and other kinds of things. His e-mail is tedburford@yahoo.com.

Filmholder Belt Packs

Is there or can there be padding between the inner and outer layers? Can it come in some color other than purple? Padded dividers for a lens tote would be nice, as well. Actually, the purple is growing on me.

Filmholder Belt Packs

Yes, they are padded on the outside, but there is no padding between the holders. I prefer it that way, actually, so they are a little more flexible for use with different kinds of holders. I'm sure he can have them made any way you like.

They are actually blue, so maybe my monitor or yours is making them look purple.

Filmholder Belt Packs

Purple here on a calibrated Mac... Maybe we should post a test target and see how wacky each other's monitors are.

In fact they are so loud, that I think "fashion accessories" more than "photo equipment"!

Filmholder Belt Packs

Uncalibrated monitor here, and they do look a bit purple.

I'm sure he can make them in other colors.

Filmholder Belt Packs

I can make them out of a different color. Would you prefer black?

Ted

Filmholder Belt Packs

Hi Ted. Thanks for checking in. I'm fine with blue.

Jim Ewins

Filmholder Belt Packs

A great feature on a Lowpro I have is the single belt loop is wide & stiff and attached to the bottom with velcro rather than stiched like at the top. In that manner I don't have to thread my belt thru, just unfasten it at the bottom, slip it over the belt and make contact with the velcro at the bottom.

Filmholder Belt Packs

What is Ted's ebay id or ebay store id? I tried doing a quick search on ebay, and didn't come up with anything. Of course, could be this is not the optimal selling time...

Filmholder Belt Packs

His eBay id is ted.b, but since these were made to order, we did this transaction privately.

Now that I'm on a different computer, I see how purple they look. So much for "auto white balance"! They really are the same shade of blue as many outdoor products. My 8x10" backpack, windbreaker, down vest, and probably a few other things are all this color.