Page 38 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Pixies! :)

Re: Post your Pixies! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Pawlowski6132 View Post
    Easy to ignore you. Difficult to ignore all the other retards fawning over these pix in this thread.
    What's your major malfunction dude? You don't like 'em, fine. Many of us do. We don't call you a "retard" or any other name for that matter. Let's see some of your work that's 1/2 as creative.

To the subject, my first thought was that he's fine as long as he doesn't sell them. But when I think about that, I'm less sure even that is clearly a problem. If you sold, for example, a book of photos of Corvettes, would Chevrolet be able to come after you? Probably not. But then, maybe they COULD but would be stupid to do so since you'd be essentially offering free advertising. In this case, photo images are a bit closer to the original use of this figure. I certainly don't have any ethical problem with it, but I just don't know about any legal issues.

I'd like to find a little Pixie like this that was clearly recognizable as NOT Disney's Tinkerbell, and not any other clearly recognizable figure either, to work with myself. This series also spurs me to thinking what other tiny figures I could use for table top images. If I ever get around to doing such I'll post here.

Keep it up, Mark. These are great. (And I think I'm pretty safe in saying that none of us are "retards.")

On other vBulletin boards, all of them I'm on totaling at least five other boards, there is a convenient "ignore thread" option under thread tools. I use it quite a bit on some boards. I've no idea why the mods here haven't allowed that option but I wish they would, less for me than to give us something to recommend people who don't like a thread use instead of repeatedly complaining about them.

Roger -- I read "Difficult to ignore all the other retards fawning over these pix in this thread." as including himself in the general group of "retards" fawning over these great images...using the word as a term of endearment. (wink)

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Roger -- I read "Difficult to ignore all the other retards fawning over these pix in this thread." as including himself in the general group of "retards" fawning over these great images...using the word as a term of endearment. (wink)
    I'd like to think so, but why did he tell Mark "please stop" then? Maybe that was sarcastic too, but without an emoticon or more text it's impossible to tell with just two words of text. So I took him at face value.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    I thought I had seen a comment from him in this thread before. Here it is from January 1st, calling these "stupid" and the thread one "for 14 year old girls." Don't sound like terms of endearment to me:

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...l=1#post825747

I'm not arguing with someone who just doesn't like them, even though I think they're fantastic. We don't have to agree on that. But I see a lot of stuff here I don't care for. I don't see the point in being a grouch about something others clearly do like.

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

The funny thing is, and I say this with total honesty; as a former high school teacher, some of my very favorite people were 14-year-old girls and "retards"...
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    I thought I had seen a comment from him in this thread before...
    A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat! ...

One of my favorite Monty Python lines...

Easy to ignore you. Difficult to ignore all the other retards fawning over these pix in this thread.
    It's very easy to ignore this thread. Delete it from your subscriptions, if it's in there, and just. don't. come. here.

It's really that simple. Of course if you insist on repeatedly belittling and insulting people just for their taste in photographs, I'm sure the mods would be able to enforce your non-participation in this forum.

I don't see the value into going into threads you know you won't like to post comments just to spread negative energy. It's counter-productive and reduces the goodness in the world on the whole.

I dislike a lot of things, but I don't seek them out to complain about them.

As for the pictures in this thread: They have a sense of play, imagination and wonder that I dearly love. Mark has been able to create some really fun, lighthearted images. IF that's not your cup of tea, nobody is forcing you to sit here and look at them.
    Please, call me Erik.
    Find me on: Flickr Pentaxforums RangeFinderForum
    Omega View 45F Monorail, Super Graphic, Various Lenses (75, 90, 135, 150/265, 210)

This thread is one of the few bright lights that make me proud to be a "Large Format Photographer". What's retarded is making more pictures of rocks and trees and waterfalls (guilty on all counts, and not even good ones either) which have been done ad infinitum ad nauseum by every so-called LF artist, simply because, mostly, we don't have the imagination to do anything new. Mark does. Bravo!

Pawlowski6132; bad form

These are always creative and fun pictures.

Is there a way we can collectively vote someone off the forum for negative, cyberbullying? If I were a moderator, I'd lock and load and blow the negative commenters away from the forum. I see some posted images I don't like, but I sure don't make a comment about it. "If you don't have something good to say, say nothing at all."
    Last edited by goamules; 10-May-2012 at 11:10.

I may sometimes act like a fourteen-year-old little girl, as you stated in an earlier post that we all are, but my ass-kicking is that of a full-grown man.

Hey, Mark... Could you post a pick of Tink kicking the crap out of a photographer?