Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beautiful Cut Sheet Inkjet Paper

Re: Beautiful Cut Sheet Inkjet Paper

I really like Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Bartya. It is a cotton rag paper with a bartya coating and (as far as I know) no OBAs. It has the closest feel to tradition fiber paper and has beautiful, lush color. I agree with D. Bryant about Epson's paper, it has an odd look to it.

i am thinking on how to save ink if i am going to print a tarpaulin size photo for my baby. she's celebrating her 1st birth day. so i need to do a lot of effort in printing by the way my printer is canon with a cli-8y. hope this will work.

Hmm. I quite like the Epson Exhibition Fiber. Haven't personally tested the longevity though. I'm sure it will last longer than I will, though!!!!

FYI it DOES come in rolls - there are three of them on the shelf looking at me as I type this. Not sure if it comes wider than 24 inches though.

Edit - I also really like the Hahnemuhle Baryta Fine Art papers

hi bob
    sorry you didn't make it south.
    i use ilford gold fiber silk after trying most of the rest of the papers out there, it works great for me.
    mitch

Made it as far as Louisville, hoping to get to Atlanta within the next few months.

I tried the Epson Exhibition Fibre and really liked it.
    I am also using Fuji Cotton White and Fuji Enhanced Matte and they are very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by mitch brown View Post
    hi bob
    sorry you didn't make it south.
    i use ilford gold fiber silk after trying most of the rest of the papers out there, it works great for me.
    mitch

I'm not familiar with the "look" you describe from the '60s, most of the color prints I have from back then have faded and discolored so badly that they are barely recognizable. But FWIW, I've always preferred matte papers for printing on my Epson printers, either Moab Entrada Natural or Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Smooth. But I recently picked up a box of Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Luster just because it was on sale and I've been surprised at how closely the surface resembles the old darkroom fiber base papers we used to use.

That isn't a look I particularly seek to emulate today but for someone who does I'd suggest giving that paper a try. To me it looks much more like an old darkroom fiber base paper than some of the other papers that claim to have that look such as the Harman AL paper (sorry, can't remember the exact name) that I tried and didn't like because to me the gloss looked more like darkroom RC paper than fiber base.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

When I first started printing in 73 we used agfa colour paper rather than Kodak.
    Funny enough not of those prints lasted either, but I do recall the warmth peachy kind of pallette.
    I like the look of colour back then,, probably because the work was either kodachrome, dye transfer, and colour carbro.

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    Do any of you remember the difference in look of Kodak colour paper and Agfa from the early 70's , a much more pastel look with Agfa compared to the Kodak.
    I think this era in colour , had a feel that I am not seeing with current papers.
    Just saw a Fred Herzog show here in Toronto ,the work was from the same era, different Continent but it had this 60's colour feel that I found quite compelling.

Any suggestions on some specific papers, ???
    What are you after? The vintage shift in tones to yellow/orange, or just the pastel look caused by excessive fading?

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

I would just be happy to be in my 20's again.

Did you see the Fred Herzog show when you were here with APPS? not sure if you and Sam got to see it, I think he did, those inkjet prints were pretty beautiful .
    Something that works really well with kodachrome is what I am after.

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    What are you after? The vintage shift in tones to yellow/orange, or just the pastel look caused by excessive fading?

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    I would just be happy to be in my 20's again.

Did you see the Fred Herzog show when you were here with APPS? not sure if you and Sam got to see it, I think he did, those inkjet prints were pretty beautiful .
    Something that works really well with kodachrome is what I am after.
    I did not see the Fred Herzog show at APPS. But for what it is worth, I really love nice color inkjet pigment prints on rag papers. Wish I could have printed that way back in the 1980s when I made all these color C prints that are now shot to hell!!

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon