Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: KEH quality

Re: KEH quality

I couldn't be more satisfied with them. I bought several lenses, all of them rated "BGN" or even "UGL". None of them have any problem at al!

Even UG lenses are a good risk. I recommend them highly.

I have purchased many items over the years from KEH and have never been disappointed with their rating system. In fact, many items turned out to be in much better condition than their rating system suggested.

If I need an item I check the prices on ebay (Buy it Now) and KEH. If there is not much difference between ebay Buy it Now price and KEH I purchase from KEH. Course, I would much prefer to buy from someone I know here on th LF forum if the item is available when I want it.

Sandy King
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

Joshua Tree, California

They have treated me well. I was going to replace my Contax 645 45-90 Vario Sonnar with a 45mm and an 80mm.

So I bought the 45mm from them then compared it to my Vario. It was actually softer in the corners than the zoom. They took it back and refunded no problem. They even paid return shipping and accepted my reason for return as valid.

My many experiences with KEH are super. I bought a lens board from the this week. It arrived and looked almost new. but it did not fit my camera correctly. They promptly issued me an RMA and FedEx postage to send it back.
    I have never had a bad experience with them.
    Any business will occasionally have a problem.

I have been dealing with them for a long time. Never had a disappointing experience. My most recent purchases have been large format lenses, all of them bgn grade. Every one of the lenses were in really nice shape and worked perfectly. The only thing that bugs me about them is the lack of images. Sometimes I would like to see what I am buying.

I, too, have had great experiences with them. I've bought two cameras, six lenses, and loads of other stuff. Twice, I had problems with lenses. One a 75mm rodenstock, the other a hasselblad 120mm. Both times it was a shutter problem. I sent them back. The 75mm they fixed, and I got it back within a week. The 120mm they switched out for another they had in stock. Prompt and friendly service. Everything I ended up with was in great shape. For lenses, I'v bought only EX or EX+, so I can't speak to their other quality ratings.

I highly recommend them.

David

retrogrouchy

I too am a huge fan of KEH and I've spent a couple grand there over the last couple years.

One thing to be aware of though is that if you buy a BGN item and they've run out, they will just send an EX version instead. Which is awesome... except you get a bunch of people saying on the internet that they bought a BGN item that they couldn't tell it wasn't brand new.

I tend to get their BGN stuff and the only issue I've had is that the filter thread on one lens is a bit worn (hard to put a filter on, but it does work); I didn't try to return it.

just received a 5x7 tech from them - they rated it as 'UG' (ugly I guess)

and boy was I surprised...I would have rated it VG++ to EX minus

some tape residue and the leather was loose in one place that rubber cement fixed in 20 minutes

I had only sold to them (at various camera shows) in the past..but yeah..I'm a happy camper

Well, after some good experiences with KEH I just got a dud - a LF lens graded "EX" which came with a big flat spot on the front rim. The lens must have taken a good whack at some point.

EX "Excellent" 80-89% of original condition. Shows moderate wear for the age of the item. May have small dents and/or dings and slight finish wear. Glass may have slight marks, anomalies and/or blemishes that will not affect picture quality.*

"Small dents and/or dings". Right.

Back it goes.

< sigh >