Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Collodion Quarterly subscriptions

Lightbulb Collodion Quarterly subscriptions

So the first issue is going to print on Tuesday. It is 74 pages or beautiful images and wonderful articles. It features works from every corner of the globe, and articles from and about some of the top professionals working in collodion processes today.

It is going to be something you do not want to miss.

We have a large number of subscribers already, and for that I am thankful. The support and energy the community has shown towards this project has been amazing. The contributions have been priceless, and I can not say thank you enough.

While I wish I could give all the artists a free issue, the price of printing and shipping does not allow that. Being that it is such a small run of magazines, we are unable to obtain price breaks just yet. Maybe when we grow and expand to a larger fan base, we will be able to offer a free-be here and there.

There are many people that have expressed interest in the Quarterly, and yet have not subscribed. There are many that advertised and have not subscribed.

Being that this is a small publication and that we are not doing online content as of yet, we need to have an exact or close to exact number of issue we are ordering to be printed.

So if you want an issue, you need to go to the website and subscribe. We are only going to have a few back issues printed on account of the cost and that we are on a shoe string budget.

I look forward to getting this out to you guys the first week or so of March. I hope you are as excited about it as we are.

GH

www.collodionquarterly.com

Re: Collodion Quarterly subscriptions

I wish you well with your quarterly, but hesitate (maybe I am not alone here) to buy because of previous small-run photographic publications that made a few runs and then went obsolete and so did my subscription money. I am not trying to cause trouble, just responding to:
    There are many people that have expressed interest in the Quarterly, and yet have not subscribed. There are many that advertised and have not subscribed.

Also, because you are relatively new to this forum (Sep 2011) it only adds to my insecurity of letting go of my hard earned cash.
    Maybe an on-line sample would lure more buyers.

I made this post to make those who messaged me about copies through private messages that the deadline is near.
    We are not going to be doing online content, as we are focused on the printed aspect of the publication.

While I may not be a long time Internet poster, we have established a great network of connections throughout the photography world. Which I feel is far more important then building an Internet pressence. There is something far more rewarding in real world communication and contacts.

We are very aware of the pitfalls and short lived photographic publications, have done our best to avoid most of the fatal flaws. We have gained an outstanding support base filled with some of the top professionals around the world, and fo that I am thankful.

I simply wanted to give some of the folks who have their images submitted and those who have supported us since the start a chance to get the first issue. Once these are printed, we will not be reprinting them. That goes for all editions on the quarterly.

The best thing to do if you are unsure about spending the money is to wait a few weeks until the issues get into peoples hands, then wait for the people to talk about it on the Internet. Seems safe enough.

Thanks to all the folks that have jumped on board. I look forward to hearing back from you all.

For those like myself who are hesitant to subscribe for a year to a new publication, there is the purchase one issue option. And the price for 4 issues purchased individually is not that much more.
    van Huyck Photography
    "Searching for the moral justification for selfishness" JK Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by darr View Post
    I wish you well with your quarterly, but hesitate (maybe I am not alone here) to buy because of previous small-run photographic publications that made a few runs and then went obsolete and so did my subscription money.
    Like Emulsion magazine ...

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

I went with just the first issue, having the same trepidations as others over a hard-copy publication in such a niche market as wet-plate photography. But such labors of love sometimes survive, and I hope this one continues.

I paid via Paypal, and wonder whether this would provide some protection for long-term subscribers should the publication fold. I also worry whether it might create legal problems for the publisher if Paypal came after him if the publication folds and Paypal refunded the subscribers money...
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Thank you everyone that has subscribed since yesterday! It has been a real firestorm for sure.

I am glad that some folks figured out that there is a option for one issue, as this is easy and protects your inner fears!

I think there are few people that are projecting and broadcasting the worst case scenario, instead of looking at it in a positive way and being hopeful as the other few hundred of folks have done so far.

For those that have signed up, you will be able to feast your eyeballs on your copy in a few weeks!

Oh and for your kickstarter folks, I will be sending out a survey this week to get your info for your goodies!

[QUOTE=OldCrow;849895]
    I think there are few people that are projecting and broadcasting the worst case scenario, instead of looking at it in a positive way and being hopeful as the other few hundred of folks have done so far.

QUOTE]

Not here on LFF? No way does that sort of thing ever happen here
    david

Zebra

Old Crow,

If we signed up today did we make it in time for this issue? Hope so. Good luck with the publication as it is nice to see folks that act on their passions.

best,

Monty

Yes Monty you are good to go. Oh and thanks for submitting images! I will be in touch soon about the tribute article.

It is off to the printer!