Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KEH quality

KEH quality

So in my opinion, based on recent purchases, Keh.com has gone downhill. I know longer rely on the condition ratings and expect to be less than satisfied. Today I received an order minus one item (sold to another 1 minute before I checked out). The refund is being held by paypal for lack of funds?! The other items are missing parts and not as nice as described. My last purchase from a month ago was equally disappointing. Hundreds of dollars type purchases. Now I might have to pay expensive shipping to return large items. Am I the only unlucky customer?

Re: KEH quality

Did you take it up with them?
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

I received an order from them just last week that was very well packed and conservatively rated. There was nothing about my experience that would lead me to suspect they are going down hill. I am not surprised at all about the refund being held. How many people actually use their primary account to fund Paypal? Why would we expect any less of a business?
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

when I had a problem last year, they exchanged the camera (I had had it for like 4 weeks) and paid postage both ways.

What were you buying? I bought a Mamiya C330...I have to cut them some slack because in my experience these cameras got used HARD.

Cordless Bungee Jumper Sirius Glass's Avatar

I have not found KEH.com going down. When the rear mistakes occur, they pay for the return postage and ship the correct item at no charge. Why don't you call them before blasting them over the internet?

Steve
    Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

I've purchased a whole bunch of stuff from them, mostly LF lenses, as recently as a month ago, and have always been very pleased.

I've never had any issue with their quality grading. If anything I thought it was quite conservative.

When you say "Now I might have to pay expensive shipping to return large items." it indicates that you've not yet contacted them about the problem. So why are you slandering them on the internet?

- Leigh aka "Happy KEH Customer"

I've always had good luck with them until this year.

Earlier in the year I bought a Pentax 67 and lens in EX+. They were both beat up and in poor cosmetic shape. Not only that the lens mount was bent so much that there was no way the lens would mount on the camera.

I then tried a BGN Master Technika. It was in decent cosmetic shape actually, but the front standard didn't lock in place, the bellows had large holes in it (not pinholes, you could see them from looking at it from the outside) and the groundglass was replaced with a wista fresnel/gg combo, which had no shims and almost definitely wasn't properly calibrated or installed. BGN is still supposed to be in operational condition, which this camera clearly wasn't.

Both times I got no-hassle returns and they actually paid for the return shipping since the items were non-operational. But I'm starting to wonder if it's worth the trouble.

A few years back I bought a bunch of Hassy gear and it was all wonderful. Lately the quality does seem to have dropped off, though to be fair I'm basing this on a small sample size of only a few orders.

Cordless Bungee Jumper Sirius Glass's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Why don't you call them before blasting them over the internet?

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    When you say "Now I might have to pay expensive shipping to return large items." it indicates that you've not yet contacted them about the problem. So why are you slandering them on the internet?

- Leigh aka "Happy KEH Customer"
    I do not know for sure, but it looks like a pattern is forming that is not providing the sympathy that the OP is looking for.
    Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Received today Contax RTS II, delivered o/night, beautifully packed and an immaculate copy, rated Ex. I have purchased a lot from them & have always received better than I expected. The roughly +20% over auction & other-type prices pays for itself.

Drew Wiley

Have a pal that just got in quite a variety of MF stuff from them very reasonably and
    it hardly looked used. Whenever I've gotten something they rate EX+ it resembles what
    other people call Mint. One lens they sold to me EX+ looked positively new except for a
    tiny scratch on the accessory lens hood. Might be a new employee in the system or a
    problem like that from time to time, just like any other business, but I see no evidence
    of a general slide.