Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wirst watch for darkroom

wirst watch for darkroom

Back in the seventies, we used Pete Andrews method with "agitate, now". Problem was, the neighbors thought that subversives were living next door...

wirst watch for darkroom

Yeah, pop will just give you crummy negs. If you want grain and/or high contrast, go with grunge (Nirvana, Pearl Jam, & Sonic Youth seem best). If you're shooting landscapes, Aaron Copland seems to work nicely. If you're doing something avante-garde, both Weezer and Modest Mouse give pretty good results. My personal favorite, though, is pushing TMax 3200 with the Immigrant Song on repeat....

wirst watch for darkroom

I made a cassette tape, I sat down with a tape recorder and my watch and I started off with, Stand by for 2 minute water bath. I then start monitoring my watch, I give markers every 15 secs "coming up on 30 seconds, 30 seconds" and so on for 25 minutes. I use this system for pyro-development of 8X10 negatives, and 35mm tanks, it has work well for me for several years. Every now and again I check it with my watch to verify the battery status.

wirst watch for darkroom

I use the Nike Triax 26 watch. It sells for around $100, has a countdown timer that chirps twice and then starts again (great for agitation intervals) and a chronograph. Plus, it has a button to light up the display when you're in the dark and, imho, doesn't look half bad (unike most multi-feature digital watches, which seem to scream "GEEK").