Thread: Software for Leaf DCB II Live

Software for Leaf DCB II Live

I just bought a DCB Live II for use with my Sinar P. It had a few known issues, with the power supply etc for the included Expolux shutter, which I seem to have worked around. However after working for a few shots which were all underexposed, it has taken to freezing the Mac when in Live Video mode, and intermittently refusing to connect. So I have a few questions ....

1. Where can I get hold of the DCB/Catchlight software? I have 4 discs containing v3 which I got with the camera, but they are not being read by the mac.
    2. Any experience with this kind of freezing?
    3. How do I set shutter speed for the expolux? Do I need a separate controller or should I be able to do it through the Leaf software?

Thanks

Re: Software for Leaf DCB II Live

Hi Andrew,

The Leaf DCB was actively supported by Sinar. Come on over to the Luminous Landscape forum, where Thierry Hagenauer of Sinar is very active.

Cheers,
    Kumar

great, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Philip View Post
    I just bought a DCB Live II for use with my Sinar P. It had a few known issues, with the power supply etc for the included Expolux shutter, which I seem to have worked around. However after working for a few shots which were all underexposed, it has taken to freezing the Mac when in Live Video mode, and intermittently refusing to connect. So I have a few questions ....

1. Where can I get hold of the DCB/Catchlight software? I have 4 discs containing v3 which I got with the camera, but they are not being read by the mac.
    2. Any experience with this kind of freezing?
    3. How do I set shutter speed for the expolux? Do I need a separate controller or should I be able to do it through the Leaf software?

Thanks
    Hello Andrew,

Is your Leaf DCBII Live presently operational? I am seeking some Leaf equipment in order to attempt to get my DCBII opertaional.

Randy