Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 11x14 backpacks

Re: 11x14 backpacks

I have one of those Mekko backpack for my 11x14 set up and I must say, aside from being a good enough storage case, it is useless as a backpack. The back harness system is largely for show only and will not carry the load far comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    I think mine are Urail II's. They are big and hold a lot. There are no markings as far as model numbers go. The nice thing is that they adjust better than any pack I have ever owned to fit me. As some of you know I'm not a big guy but I can carry a lot with these packs, and that is the way I like to shoot.
    Jim, The pictures are not so hot on the MEI site. Does the big compartment have a nice square opening so you can just drop the camera (my 11x14 Chamonix) in? I called them yesterday and it will be a month or so before a Eurail II is available..Thanks, Evan Clarke

Bump...

Hi Evan,

I used to have an MEI pack for travel that was very similar to the Eurail II model. They do have a squared off top end with a zipper that goes all the way around. So it should open up wide so you can drop that beast in.

Quote Originally Posted by jeroldharter View Post
    Hi Evan,

I used to have an MEI pack for travel that was very similar to the Eurail II model. They do have a squared off top end with a zipper that goes all the way around. So it should open up wide so you can drop that beast in.

Hi Jamie, do you remember which one, why did you get rid of it? I think I showed you the camera, didn't I? It is 17" square and it seems all the packs are rated at 16" but the thing might jam itself in..TTYL, Evan

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Evan, sorry I have been away from the computer for a couple of days. My camera is 17" square and fits in the Eurail II. Look on e-bay because you can find them dirt cheap. They have the best zippers I've ever seen and none of that extra foam crap. The do zip all the way down. I get my camera and two lenses in the main compartment. It is a bit snug but fits nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    Evan, sorry I have been away from the computer for a couple of days. My camera is 17" square and fits in the Eurail II. Look on e-bay because you can find them dirt cheap. They have the best zippers I've ever seen and none of that extra foam crap. The do zip all the way down. I get my camera and two lenses in the main compartment. It is a bit snug but fits nice.
    Great, Thanks Jim...Evan

Geos

I have several packs made by Kifaru. If one had protection (like a hard case, etc.) for one's equipment, than this might be the ticket:

https://kifaru.net/longhunter_hauler.html#

Lachlan 717

Quote Originally Posted by George Stewart View Post
    I have several packs made by Kifaru. If one had protection (like a hard case, etc.) for one's equipment, than this might be the ticket:

That's way cooler that the large Alice packs I've been looking at to modify with some sort of hard case. Thanks for posting it!
    Lachlan.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take. -- Wayne Gretzky

Quote Originally Posted by George Stewart View Post

I am carrying mine on a game hauler right now, A bullpac. It works but isn't enclosed enough and there's no place for lenses or holders..carries the camera very well, though.