Thread: Approval of Shopping List For Jobo CPA2's First Voyage

Approval of Shopping List For Jobo CPA2's First Voyage

Hello all,

I have been reading many threads on this forum as well at the APUG forum as I am preparing to buy my first batch of film for my newly purchased Jobo CPA2. I was wondering if any of you wouldn't mind looking at looking at what I'm going to buy and answering a few questions. Here's my shopping list so far:

Kodak Flexicolor (C-41) Developer Starter for Color Negative Film - 1 Quart
    Kodak Flexicolor (C-41) Developer Replenisher for Color Negative Film - Makes 5 Gallons

Kodak Flexicolor RA (C-41RA) Fixer & Replenisher for Color Negative Film - Makes 10 Liters

There is a 5 liter package of fixer as well. But fixer doesn't really go bad correct? So I don't really have to worry about the amount I purchase.

I had a few questions about bleach. B&H has listed both Bleach III Replenisher and Regenerator. Is there any difference between these? Regenerator appears to be much cheaper than Replenisher.

Kodak Flexicolor (C-41) Bleach III Replenisher for Color Negative Film - Makes 5 Gallons
    Kodak Flexicolor (C-41) Bleach III Regenerator for Color Negative Film - Regenerates 5 Gallons

There was also this bleach item that I was not sure if I should buy instead:

Kodak Flexicolor RA (C-41RA) Bleach Replenisher NR for Color Negative Film - Makes 5 Liters

Finally, I was having trouble finding stabilizer. Could anyone recommend what to use?

Is the shelf life of unmixed developer starter and replenisher about the same as all of the other elements? I know mixed developer only lasts for about 2 months but I didn't know if this applied to unmixed as well.

Thank you! I can't wait to finally use my Jobo but figuring out the chemicals has been a bit difficult.

Re: Approval of Shopping List For Jobo CPA2's First Voyage

anyone?

Bob

Re: Approval of Shopping List For Jobo CPA2's First Voyage

I'm not sure what you have is right or not. Kodak has muddied the waters by changing sizes and names of their chemistry to the point where I can't figure out what the right set is anymore. This link shows the newer SM set of chemistry combinations for a JOBO in the rotary tube column. Not sure it helps you at all so I hope one of the current C41 users answers.

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/busin...?pq-path=12549