Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Cindy Sherman Print Sells For $3.9 Million At Auction, The Highest Ever For A Photogr

Abuser of God's Sunlight

Re: Cindy Sherman Print Sells For $3.9 Million At Auction, The Highest Ever For A Pho

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Blank View Post
    Well my two cents is that Before this discussion - I had never heard of her- ever. I have been a photographer for over twenty seven years and I am fairly linked into at least the Baltimore Art scene through connection to MAP. I have an associates in applied art and design, what is shone on her website, does not particulary hold my interest as a photgrapher or an artist...and yes I can draw and paint.
    I'm right there with you. I happen to be personal friends with many of the top vegetable judges at the county fair, and not one of us has ever heard of this so-called chief justice John Roberts, so how can he be so gosh darned high faultin'?

Drew Wiley

Re: Cindy Sherman Print Sells For $3.9 Million At Auction, The Highest Ever For A Pho

Now you're getting technical, Paul; but it was inevitable someone said it. Yeah, I suppose in a place like you're from, and certainly around an extremely cusine
    experimental and ethnically diverse place like here, things like pickle ice cream actually exist (I know where you can buy it)- but most folks get my analogy. My favorite is white licorice ice cream; but at the moment we do have some pretty interesting ethnic flavors in our freezer that one typically wouldn't find most other places in the country. Allegedly there are more per capita restaurants around here, and more ethnic diversity among them, than any other place in the country, even NYC, though the Asian, Pacific rim, and Middle East influence predominates over the European one.

So how did you manage with your feable knowledge base, to latch onto his name?

Quote Originally Posted by paulr View Post
    I'm right there with you. I happen to be personal friends with many of the top vegetable judges at the county fair, and not one of us has ever heard of this so-called chief justice John Roberts, so how can he be so gosh darned high faultin'?
    "Great things are accomplished by talented people who believe they will
    accomplish them."
    Warren G. Bennis

www.gbphotoworks.com

Abuser of God's Sunlight

Of course, of course. But i don't think I'm getting technical. I think your ice cream analogy illustrates something really nicely. There are things can be either way outside the bounds of acceptable, or perfectly normal, depending on the frame of reference and the expectations you've acquired.

Chinese food was once an exotic novelty in this country. Never mind sushi. And I think people are automatically more conservative with food than they are with visual arts, because food actually has to follow a few unbreakable rules (like, it can't be poisonous!)

I like Irish food but the mush they serve up in Scotland is not even fit for a pig. Even in a Michelin starred fish n chip shop. Its no wonder Susan Boyle has such a deep voice and hairy armpits.

I think you should go for broke....what the hell.

Quote Originally Posted by paulr View Post
    , because food actually has to follow a few unbreakable rules (like, it can't be poisonous!)
    "Great things are accomplished by talented people who believe they will
    accomplish them."
    Warren G. Bennis

www.gbphotoworks.com

Ice cream truck and detail.

Seems popular.

Camera Antipodea Richard Mahoney's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    ... at the moment we do have some pretty interesting ethnic flavors in our freezer that one typically wouldn't find most other places in the country. Allegedly there are more per capita restaurants around here, and more ethnic diversity among them, than any other place in the country, even NYC, though the Asian, Pacific rim, and Middle East influence predominates over the European one.
    So that's where our endangered geckos are turning up. I wondered why so may `tourists' are so keen to get them out of the country. Drew, you should be ashamed And to think that the West Coast is cornering the market in hackles too ...

Best,

Richard
    Richard Mahoney
    M: +64-21-064-0216 T: +64-3-312-1699 E: contact@indica-et-buddhica.com

Abuser of God's Sunlight

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    Allegedly there are more per capita restaurants around here, and more ethnic diversity among them, than any other place in the country, even NYC, though the Asian, Pacific rim, and Middle East influence predominates over the European one.
    I didn't notice you were from the Bay Area. Yeah, you guys have everything. You put NYC to shame when it comes to Vietnamese and Mexican food. But don't talk to me about California style pizza. It is to my universe what cindy sherman is to yours

Abuser of God's Sunlight

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Beckenbach View Post
    Ice cream truck and detail.
    Seems popular.
    I can't believe I left that one off my list! I've seen it before but never indulged. Creeps me out a little.