Thread: Arca Swiss users---shoulder bags

Arca Swiss users---shoulder bags

Hello-I have a AC field camera, a good number of lenses and other necessary stuff. And of recent, I have added another lens, a rail, and longer bellows.

Presently, I am using a older Domke backpack which has been ok, however, I would be interested in knowing what other bags work with a AC system (shoulder.backpack) as this camera has more "depth" than a typical folding "field camera", which requires a deeper design---what bag does Dykinga use? Your photos of your bag set up would also be appreciated.
    Thank you.

Re: Arca Swiss users---shoulder bags

I keep my AC field camera in a Pelican case and strap it to a 3-wheel jogging stroller to move it from place to place. Tired of carrying all the stuff, but don't want to use the system Ansel Adams used in the backcountry — a mule.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Dykinga uses Lowepro bags when he hauls out his Arca. He shoots digital as well using Thnktank bags for those set-ups. I wouldnt get too caught up in what bag others are using. Any bag that offers you comfort for a reasonable amount of weight will work. I think there is a thread from a while back that shows bag set-ups- the search function should get you some hits on that. I personally use Lowepro bags, but they are relatively heavy- I have heard good things about Photobackpacker systems and would love to try one, but I have too many bags as it is and another isnt going to make my wife too happy, so Ill live with what I have.

I have an Arca Swiss Fline 4x5 and I've been very, very happy with my pack from Renaissance Photo Tech, Inc. (RPT).

review

there is a special box for the camera and one for lenses and one for holders, etc.

when i (unintentionally) kick dirt into my pack, i only soil the open box(es)