Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Nashville TN

Hello from Nashville TN

Greetings I am new to the forum. Any wet plate photographers near Nashville TN?
    www.chasbosioimages.com

funkadelic

Re: Hello from Nashville TN

Do wannabes count? I still need to build a darkbox, but I think I've got most everything else to get started. I just never seem to get it together.
    There's another forum member here who shall remain nameless (unless he wants to speak up for himself). He even said he's got a darkbox, just spending too much time at work.
    I've had several messages from others on this forum (some lurkers) letting me know that it's good to see other "LFers" in the area. There's a growing number of people on this forum in the Nashville area.
    If you're doing custom wet plate backs for LF cameras, you have an untapped market at your doorstep. Lots of people are wanting to have custom backs made for their cameras, but few are doing it. Those doing the woodwork mostly want to sell the whole camera, not just a back for an existing camera. Being local, I'd be interested in meeting sometime to see a sample of your work.

Welcome to forum.
    Chris

HI Chris,
    Yes, we are all wannabes in one way or another :-)
    I just built a custom wet plate back back for an Eastman Kodak 2D in 5X7.
    Here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/cbosio/...in/photostream
    It would be great to do a wet plate get together in Nashville.

Charles
    Last edited by chaz; 18-May-2011 at 20:15. Reason: To add image

funkadelic

That would be great. Set it up for a sunny Sunday. I'm in. Other days are less flexible for me, but may work better for others. Best to get a head count of interested/possible attendees. What part of town are you/others in? Short of someone offering a place to host such an event, Centennial Park (West End) has a large covered pavillion on the west side of the park for food, shade, and an easily found place to meet. Plenty of parking too. Two Rivers (by Opryland) is a clean park and may be less crowded. Rates are here: http://www.nashville.gov/parks/picnic/index.asp
    I live in Wilson County. It would be cheaper for a Davidson County resident to reserve it.
    I can bring a big cooler for drinks, as well as a 5x7 camera with holder plus chemicals for the wet plate work. Just need a darkbox.

Going forward with any planning should warrant a new forum thread with relevant topic.

Chris

Hi Charles and Chris,
    I am in Franklin. I've just gotten back into LF after long hiatus. I have just finished putting a darkroom together though not wet.
    I am fascinated by alternative, wet plate etc though I'm just now trying to remember how to do non alternative LF. I am not the one with the darkbox Chris refers to, however.

Website looks great Charles and your work is inspiring. Woodwork looks fantastic. I also have some 5x7 2D parts and am looking for an extension rail. Would be happy to trade.

If there is a Nashville get together, I would enjoy meeting all. Please let me know.
    Thanks,
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by cdholden View Post
    There's another forum member here who shall remain nameless (unless he wants to speak up for himself). He even said he's got a darkbox, just spending too much time at work.

Welcome to forum.
    Chris
    Chaz:

It's a pretty nice darkbox, too.

I was telling Chris we could link up at my place assuming people are not afraid of 013...

Pleasty of acrage and stuff.

Let's try to put something togeather.

Mike

funkadelic

I'm not afraid of anything except running out of ice when there's still beer in the cooler.
    What's 013?

Hi Mike
    Sounds great. Let's make it happen.

Hi Mark
    I will keep an eye out for an extension rail.
    I may be able to make one for you. I am very interested to see what parts you have.
    Thanks for the compliment pn my site.

Charles

Welcome to group therapy, Charles! There are a number of folks here playing with wet plate...not sure how many are near Nasville, though. Will all those musicians hold still long enough for wet plate?