Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I've been shooting ektapan in my 5X7

Re: I've been shooting ektapan in my 5X7

I think I got my true answer from Jim, since he shot and liked the film and in searching for a substitute found nothing quite like it....I think some things about photography are intuitive and some things are empirical, even in the lab....I was just hoping that within this forum there would be someone who had shot this film, liked it, and when Kodak discontinued went and found a film that allowed them to produce the same or similar results.

Thank you Mark, Ektapan was developed by Kodak as a b/w partner to its portrait professional color print film. It was a really great film for many purposes. It was designed for pencil retouching, was not quite as fine grained and sharp as some other films but for its purpose who cares, especiall in large format. I can think of no current film with the characteristics of that product. If its still available in LF, TXP Professional when coupled with the right developer would come prett close

Lynn

Lynn;

What developer would you use to get that effect? I'm so new at this...I think I made the right choice to start with D-76 and use it until I started to at least WANT something other than what a given film was giving me....if for no other reason that too many variables can make an issue murky.