Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Owens Valley "Get Together" Oct 1-5

Owens Valley "Get Together" Oct 1-5

In the spirit of continuing the workshops/Get togethers that Per Volquartz started up in this area several years ago...

This is not a workshop, however if any newbies or someone interested in some personal instruction (LF camera basics, ULF playtime, etc) feel free to ask myself, Jim Fitzgerald or one of the other attendees for some help.

When: October 1 (Sat) through October 5 (Wednesday)

October 1 (Sat) -Oct 3 As usual we'll start out at Virginia Creek Settlement (LINK) near the road to Bodie. I will talk to the owner soon to see if he will accommodate us as before. They usually close down more or less. Stay here and shoot the area including Bodie and head south to Lee Vining morning of Oct 3 (Monday). We'll do a print review Saturday night (bring your work) and Sunday night. BS sessions, campfire... You can camp or rent a room. Check the site.

October 3 (Sat) -Oct 4 We'll camp at Aspens campground (I think that's the one) off Power Plant Road which is off the 120 a few miles up from 395. Or you can choose to stay in Lee Vining and several options there. Hang out, shoot Mono, the lakes and such.

October 4 (Sat) -Oct 5 'Bama Hills. Leave late afternoon from Lee Vining (or not) to head down to Alabama Hills Wednesday and stay through Thursday. Will be camping at our favorite Location. Ask me if you haven't been. Lone Pine has several hotel options as well.

Hoping to keep everyone together and enjoy the usual camaraderie and story telling as before...Reminisce about our departed friend, and make new friends. Oh, and make a few nice negatives to turn into positives

I'll try to answer questions as they come up. Basically, our almost annual get together to shoot, share work and a few laughs.

Please email me if you are attending and where you will be staying. Could catch the Aspens turning, but no guarantees.

Sorry for the short notice, hope to see my friends there and some new folks...
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover"
    August Rodin

My Now old Photo Site

Re: Owens Valley "Get Together" Oct 1-5

I'll miss you guys. The coolest place on earth. I think I'll make it next year though.

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    I'll miss you guys. The coolest place on earth. I think I'll make it next year though.
    It is and hope you do Vinny...ain't the same without ya'!
    August Rodin

My Now old Photo Site

so this meeting place is in Bridgeport, CA? got a google map link to location?

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheis View Post
    so this meeting place is in Bridgeport, CA? got a google map link to location?
    From the link I provided Bill:
    "We are located just 5 miles south of Bridgeport on Highway 395. The motel, restaurant and campground are the closest accommodations to Bodie Ghost Town State Park about 1 mile north of the 395 turnoff."
    August Rodin

My Now old Photo Site

The Rookie

I'm interested. This isn't far from home for me. I'll keep an eye on this thread. Thanks for posting Matthew.
    Yeah. I'm familiar with Photoshop. It's the place I buy my film.

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Vinny, I wish you could make it. We will have to raise one for you! I'll do a dry run carbon printing demo for anyone who may be interested. We have all made some nice images from this area and maybe we will get some of the fall color.

Thanks MATT and Jim for putting this together. I hope to make some/all of it. SOP

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

I'm going to bring the big guns out on this trip! I'll have 4 systems with me including the recently completed 14x17 to use. So anyone interested in an up close and personal look at hand built ULF's here is your chance! BTW I may have a new piece of equipment to debut.

Jim love to be there, missed the one last year so have to make up.

Mike