Quote Originally Posted by Gem Singer View Post
The original poster was inquiring about replacing the clear glass platten on his Epson V750 with anti-newton glass.

My contention is, although works with the high-end Screen Cezanne scanner, it is not a good idea on the Epson V750.

See the discussion of Anti-Newton Rings, the history of solving the problem, on the Focal Point website: www.fpointinc.com
Regardless of whether the anti-newton glass works with the Cezanne I agree with Gem that it is *probably* not a good idea for the Epson V750 because the results are likely highly dependent on the exact nature of the anti-newton glass that would be used to replace the original glass. Also, scanning directly on the glass does not place the film at the plane of optimum focus, as it varies from about 0.5mm to as much as 3.0mm above the glass. I think you could get just as good, or better, results with a lot less trouble merely by floating (with shims) a piece of thin anti-newton glass about 0.5mm above the surface of the scanner glass (AN glass up) and placing the film directly on this surface.

Sandy King