Thread: Microtek 1800f stuck in reflective mode...

Microtek 1800f stuck in reflective mode...

Hi all,
    I am using a Microtek 1800f with Windows Vista. Both the Microtek and Silverfast softwares will not switch to transparency mode except Silverfast will work in transparency in Demo mode. As to why I'm being presented the Demo mode, I can not give you an answer. Is this a Vista thing do you think?

Thanks everyone and have a nice day. -Steven

Re: Microtek 1800f stuck in reflective mode...

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Barall View Post
    Hi all,
    I am using a Microtek 1800f with Windows Vista. Both the Microtek and Silverfast softwares will not switch to transparency mode except Silverfast will work in transparency in Demo mode. As to why I'm being presented the Demo mode, I can not give you an answer. Is this a Vista thing do you think?

Thanks everyone and have a nice day. -Steven
    Microtek has downloads for Vista, I think you should get them...EC

It certainly may be caused by the lack of Vista-appropriate software, but I suspect it might also be caused by the machine itself. I have one, and it was stuck in transparency for about a year. I tried everything, including reinstalling software, pulling and changing plugs, downloading updates, etc. I even slapped it. Then I gave up. Lo and behold, one day I was playing around with the software, and reflective finally worked. Which is to say, I still don't know why it was hung up. You might try the troubleshooting guide, as well as the scanner test--both found in the Microtek folder. Good luck, but don't hold your breath--or hold it for a long time.
    Mike

Hello all,

I recently bought a used Microtek 1800f that the owner had not used for about a year and claimed that it worked flawlessly on the Mac a year ago.
    I am having the issue with the Microtek 1800f will not scan Transparencies. When scanning transparencies, the scanner would move the head then stop short of scanning and gives an error -100 scan command error.

Did anyone ever find a solutions or reasons for this error. I used all 3 different software, SilverFast, ScanWizard and Vuescan on Windows XP and all give the error scanning transparencies where as scanning reflective works fine.

What I can see from my scanner is that the lamp/bulb on top is much brighter than the lamp/bulb on the bottom. All 3 LEDs in the front panel are on.

I look forward for anyone help/findings.

Thank you,
    Hanh