Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BTZS Expo/Dev Software Survey

Re: BTZS Expo/Dev Software Survey

I'll be happy to fill out the survey. I might be interested in buying updated, improved versions on modern platforms, but have no interest in paying for abandonware.

Quote Originally Posted by KenM View Post
    VMWare Fusion, and Parallels are other options for Windows emulation under Mac OS X. The nice thing about Fusion (not sure about Parallels) is that you can run a number of different OS's, not just Windows. CrossOver seems to be restricted to just Windows.

Personally, I use Fusion. It's been flawless.
    CrossOver and Winplotter installed easily on my iMAC but for some reason I could not get it to work on a Macbook Pro, so I tried Fusioin 3.1. Since I have a serial number copy of Windows XP I installed that as my Virtual Machine with Fusion, using the seamless option. It worked perfectly and offers easy transfer back and forth between platforms.

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

4x5 Is So Small. . . J.B. Harlin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    J.B.

I had been thinking about trying CrossOver and your message motivated me to go ahead and try the demo. It seems to work almost seamlessly on my iMAC with OS 10.6.6. Have you found it to be stable with the MAC OS system you run?

Sandy
    Hi Sandy,

Sorry for not getting back sooner, been out of town. CrossOver has worked seamlessly with my MacMini and OS x 10.6.7. I have no complaints so far.

JB

I remembered visiting Phil Davis shortly after the Plotter for PC came out and Phil was running his MAC G-4 with an emulator program and he really liked the new plotter program. The programmer who did the pc version had added a lot of new features. I've showed some of them on the youtube.com video on the PLotter program. To find the videos you just have to do a search on the word "viewcamerastore"

Fred Newman

Hey Fred;

We talked about all this stuff early last year via Omega, good to know you are still pushing it forward. I have used the oldest version of the plotter program on my Performa 6400 for years. I was so smitten with the program that I kept the computer, and bought a second hand applewriter printer to spit the plots out. The only bad thing is when OS v7.5.3 crashes. Using it under OSX or Unix would be great .....but I understand the constraints. I hope to see a port to the Iphone from the newer version. Just to let you know I will be buying that upgrade for sure , hopefully you will be able to do it at the price range you and I spoke of.

Quote Originally Posted by frednewman View Post
    I remembered visiting Phil Davis shortly after the Plotter for PC came out and Phil was running his MAC G-4 with an emulator program and he really liked the new plotter program. The programmer who did the pc version had added a lot of new features. I've showed some of them on the youtube.com video on the PLotter program. To find the videos you just have to do a search on the word "viewcamerastore"

Fred Newman
    "Great things are accomplished by talented people who believe they will
    accomplish them."
    Warren G. Bennis

www.gbphotoworks.com

For those of you interested in ExpoDev for iOS (iPhone and iPod Touch devices), the new version has entered Beta testing. Details can be found here over in the BTZS.org discussion forum for ExpoDev for iOS

http://btzs.org/Forums/forum/Default.asp?forumid=8

I'm also doing a series of articles on ExpoDev for iOS features on my blog (with screen shots of the new version)

http://blog.mutable.net

David Jade

David, this is encouraging, keep us posted, will definitely buy it when available.

Roger