Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WARNING! - Light Impressions

WARNING! - Light Impressions

I realize that some of you have done business with Light Impressions in the past, and may even swear by them. However, unless you just want to give your money away and receive nada in return, you best look at other sources for your mat board, portfolio boxes and other archival material needs., e.g. archival methods, gaylord bros., etc.

I filed a complaint with the BBB in Los Angeles as well as the California Attorney General's office on 3/12/11.

The company has failed to respond to the BBB's inquiries and they have since closed their file. However, I'm hoping that the Calif. AG will do something.

But the only way for that to happen I believe is for those individuals that have been wronged is to step-up and file complaints with the BBB and the attorney general.

Los Angeles Better Business Bureau http://www.la.bbb.org/Home.aspx

California Attorney General http://ag.ca.gov/consumers/general.php

Light Impressions still sends me email regarding sales promotions, etc. but I'll never do business with them again. I'm still waiting for them to refund my $136.

If and when you ever get a hold of a REAL person, you will be given the following or similar sounding excuse:

"That item is back-ordered, out of stock, for 30 days, 60 days, 6 weeks, etc..."

In the meantime, they WILL charge your CC for the full amount of the order you placed with them.

You've been warned.

Scott Davis

Re: WARNING! - Light Impressions

Yeah. They've become notorious for this. They screwed me to the tune of $250. NEVER again. They could offer me FREE merchandise and I wouldn't take it anymore.

I gave up on LI years ago. There are SO many better and less expensive places to order everything in the LI catalog that only a die hard masochist would continue to do business with them.
    ----------------------------------------------------

www.johnvossphotography.blogspot.com

Abuser of God's Sunlight

I've been out of the matboard loop a while, so this is new to me. What are the better places for matboard, tape, etc. etc.?

There was a thread here just a few weeks ago about Light Impressions and how bad they've become.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

You weren't able to do a chargeback with your credit card company?

Quote Originally Posted by paulr View Post
    I've been out of the matboard loop a while, so this is new to me. What are the better places for matboard, tape, etc. etc.?
    Since you're in NY, I'd contact Gaylord Bros. http://www.gaylord.com

There's Dick Blick, http://www.dickblick.com

and Archival Methods http://www.archivalmethods.com

Many others but don't go near Light Impressions whatever you do.

I've been burned twice now by Light Impressions, with items I'd been charged for 'back-ordered' for so many months that I'd forget all about them or simply surrender (maybe people like me are built into their business model...). And yes, the real rub (as someone mentioned) is that through it all they'd keep flooding me with ads. Arrghh. Never again.

I did get my refund yesterday from an order cancelled in January. At least they seem to be still in business. It only took 3 calls and long hold times on each.

I just posted a note on APUG about Light Impressions. Yesterday, I got an Email from them about an order I placed in December 2009. They wanted to let me know that it was still on back order (a year and 4 months later) but they expect to recieve it and ship out to me in 4 - 6 weeks.

I haven't ordered anything from them in over a year and don't intend on doing any more business with them in the future.