Thread: I got my Jobo! Now what?

The Rookie

I got my Jobo! Now what?

I picked up a Jobo CPP2. It came with some 2800 series and some 1500 series drums and extensions. I also got quite a few packages of paper and a couple boxes of developer kits. Now I've got some questions:

The 2820 drum is a "test drum". What does that mean? It snaps onto the rest of the 2800 series parts.

Most of the color paper is dated around 1996. I guess that's about when the previous owner lost interest in analog. The BW papers don't appear to be dated. Are these useable?

Am I going to have to invest in some 2500 series equipment (or the prized 3000 series) to process my 4x5 film? or is there some insert that will work with the 2800 series? I'm pretty sure that my cog-lid works for 2500 so I wouldn't need another.

The 2800 series processes 8x10 prints. Can I also use that for 8x10 film?

I'm also in a WTB mode if you've got any accessories you think I may be interested in.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
    Yeah. I'm familiar with Photoshop. It's the place I buy my film.

Re: I got my Jobo! Now what?

Its doubtful the color paper is good, will depend on storage. I know Forte B&W had a expiry date usually 5 years from creation date. Freezing can extend the life of both. I personally would at least test the paper. Maybe get some new RA paper to compare.

Probably meaning test for paper strips.

You can get a 3000 series or a 2509N reel and tank combo, they run about 75.00 new for the 2509N. The 3000 drums are easier to use but a lot more expensive. I can get you either item new. The 2800 is ok for 8x10, you can do two sheets in a 8x10 drum and there are lots of chances to damage both exposures, I obtained a 3005 uber cheap, so processing 5 sheets of 8x10 is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Jehu View Post
    I picked up a Jobo CPP2. It came with some 2800 series and some 1500 series drums and extensions. I also got quite a few packages of paper and a couple boxes of developer kits. Now I've got some questions:

The 2820 drum is a "test drum". What does that mean? It snaps onto the rest of the 2800 series parts.

Most of the color paper is dated around 1996. I guess that's about when the previous owner lost interest in analog. The BW papers don't appear to be dated. Are these useable?

Am I going to have to invest in some 2500 series equipment (or the prized 3000 series) to process my 4x5 film? or is there some insert that will work with the 2800 series? I'm pretty sure that my cog-lid works for 2500 so I wouldn't need another.

The 2800 series processes 8x10 prints. Can I also use that for 8x10 film?

I'm also in a WTB mode if you've got any accessories you think I may be interested in.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
    "Great things are accomplished by talented people who believe they will
    accomplish them."
    Warren G. Bennis

www.gbphotoworks.com