Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Gandolfi users out there?

Re: Any Gandolfi users out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_1856 View Post
    ...I'm going to have to sell it...the bellows...will have to be replaced, and I'm not in a situation to do it myself or have it done locally.
    Noooo, don't sell, after you wanted one for so long! Contact Richard Ritter for advice on how to proceed. There's got to be an affordable path to new bellows.

Sal can Richard repair the Variant? I have one that although working, might benefit from some repairs.
    "Great things are accomplished by talented people who believe they will
    accomplish them."
    Warren G. Bennis

www.gbphotoworks.com

I referred Bill to him because of his reputation for custom repairs and modifications on all types of cameras. No idea whether there's anything special about the Variant that might make it different; an email to Richard will provide you that answer.

If you still have the camera and want to sort out the bellows the originals were made by custom bellows and as they are still going just get in touch with them and they can supply you an exact replacement http://www.custombellows.co.uk/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by aluncrockford View Post
    If you still have the camera and want to sort out the bellows the originals were made by custom bellows and as they are still going just get in touch with them and they can supply you an exact replacement http://www.custombellows.co.uk/index.html
    Apparently not -- they wanted the frames sent in order to size it. Like you I presumed they could/would supply the correct size from patterns on hand.
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Blank View Post
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    Well said, Greg! :-D

/zenny

---

Support http://thehumanape.com

I didn't get to buy the fantastic cuba mahogany 4x5 version for sale here earlier....

So I just went crazy!

I am now the (maybe) proud owner of a fine quarter plate Gandolfi camera made before my father was born....

I didn't know they had made these small ones, but I am anxious to get it and see it up close.. It will be a nive addition to my growing numbers of Gandolfi's..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails g3.jpg   g.jpg   g7.jpg  

New bellows fitted by Jim Ormond makes it a real whole plate treasure, and the shutter repairs at Flutot are the iceing on the cake.
    I still havent made any pictures with it -- I'm sure that I never will. Got to get around to listing it one of these days.
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

I have a 5x7 Gandolfi Field camera, for which I also have a 4x5 reducing back. I could not afford a 10x8 Gandolfi so a few years ago I made a 10x8 reducing back for a 10x12 Vageeswari camera utilising an orphaned 10x8 Gandolfi camera back I managed to find. So what I have now is I suppose partially Gandolfi. In terms of quality of construction their is not a lot between them. The Vageeswari is very well made. Earlier in this thread their was a discussion on the lens board sizes on Gandolfi cameras. Mine has a really strange size it took some doing but which I have now identified the size as being from an MPP Micro Press camera. Presumably the original owner had an M.P.P Micro press and asked for the camera to be made that way so he could swap lens boards between them. It is a bit of a PITA because it means I can not also do that unless I also use a Micropress. The MPP boards are the same size as those on a Pacemaker Speed Graphics but thinner. The Pacemaker boards will not fit. So I make my own lens boards but it also means I have to have a set of lenses exclusively for use on this camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Hesketh View Post
    The MPP boards are the same size as those on a Pacemaker Speed Graphics but thinner. The Pacemaker boards will not fit. So I make my own lens boards but it also means I have to have a set of lenses exclusively for use on this camera.
    Not really wanting to hijack a Gandolfi thread but the MPP MicroPress front standard is identical to the Pacemaker Standard, the MicroPress is a Speed Graphic in a Celestion made casing with a British rangefinder. So that's strange as all my Pacemaker boards fit one.

Ian