Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuji Quick load holders and film question...

Fuji Quick load holders and film question...

Hi- I have a Super Speed graphic with the graflok back. If been dying to use this camera but feared the sheet film, holders, darkbag loading, etc.

Question: Are Fuji Quick load holders and film discontinued at this point. And if so, why on earth?

For years I wanted a Toyo Field 45A. If I thought holders like this would be around for a while longer I wouldn't hesitate getting one.

I can't believe that something as beautiful as large Format photography could be in danger of extinction. Does the whole world want instant gratification from an iPhone!!! There must be millions in the world that would want to pursue large format (or and medium format for that matter). Frankly you have to be wealthy to pursue digital medium format. Is there digital Large format? I'm afraid to think what that may cost!

Thanks Joe

Re: Fuji Quick load holders and film question...

I have a Kodak quick load that came for free when I bought my Toyo years ago and never used... I don't even know if the film exists to be honest.

You should have no fear of using the darkslides, they're easy and with a little bit of trainning with a dummy film in daylight you'll be fine...

I never used darkbag, always go in my bathroom at night, close all doors and I have a perfect darkroom to load all my darkslides for the next day.
    Mauricio Sapata
    www.mauriciosapata.com

Google or Try the search function.

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    I can definitely appreciate that, sincerely. But I thought about posting the question here because I figure you large Format guys are super well versed in this, and could probably give me an answer off the top of your heads. I'm not lazy, I am the Father of a small army that demands constant attention. But that being said, I am Googleing and searching the forums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BU1gTSdZ90

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrbwa1/5544562629/

http://photo.net/large-format-photography-forum/00BXq1

btw, I just checked out your site. Your work is amazing.

I primarily a 35mm and 120mm Rangefinder shooter but have always wanted to use my Graphic.

Quote Originally Posted by Carterofmars View Post
    Hi- I have a Super Speed graphic with the graflok back. If been dying to use this camera but feared the sheet film, holders, darkbag loading, etc.

Question: Are Fuji Quick load holders and film discontinued at this point. And if so, why on earth?

For years I wanted a Toyo Field 45A. If I thought holders like this would be around for a while longer I wouldn't hesitate getting one.

I can't believe that something as beautiful as large Format photography could be in danger of extinction. Does the whole world want instant gratification from an iPhone!!! There must be millions in the world that would want to pursue large format (or and medium format for that matter). Frankly you have to be wealthy to pursue digital medium format. Is there digital Large format? I'm afraid to think what that may cost!

Thanks Joe
    Joe,

All quickload and readyload films have been discontinued by both Fuji and Kodak, although you can still find quite a bit of it (color) for sale through various sources. The holders are also available through secondary market sources. The current Kodak readyload holders are nice as they handle both Kodak readyloads and Fuji quickloads. Hope this helps. Jim

Cordless Bungee Jumper Sirius Glass's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    Yes but the accuracy and detail in the answers are much better for
    • APUG.org for film and processing questions on all formats
    • graflex.org for Graflex and Graphic questions
    • largeformatphotography.info for Large Format questions.

If I am really interested in answers with erroneous and inaccurate information for specific topics, then I use Google et al.

The OP is new to this format and one should be more tolerance for those who are not as "perfect" as you are. The ratio is 6:1,165.

Just sayin'

Steve
    Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Thanks for all the reply's thus far. Very appreciated. I want to enjoy this format so I'll pick up a Fuji Quickload holder and a box of 20 sheets.

I have a everything I need for c-41 processing, but haven't had the chance yet. My Paterson tank accommodates 35mm and 120mm. Maybe I''ll consider a larger one for sheet.

Steve, i was referring to this forum's search function. Most of the time the subject has been covered quite well, and recently. Type fuji quickload into google and see what comes up. Discontinued. Far from perfect.

East Coast USA, 2 blocks down on the left

Fear not - the film holders are very easy to load and there are plenty of options with changing bags and tents (not too expensive) as well as dark rooms as mentioned here. Let me share with you another really easy to follow tutorial that shows you just how it's done.
    http://photondetector.com/blog/2007/...ideo-tutorial/

Happy Shooting!

My first shot taken last night...