Thread: School Seeks LF Camera

School Seeks LF Camera

We run a high school film photography program here in Coquitlam, BC. The photo teacher would like his advanced students to experience large format photography. I've pushed him for years to add this to his program and he is finally coming around. The problem is we have no such camera or the budget for such a camera. There is no money (you can thank our provincial government for that but I should leave politics out of it!)
    We are looking for a donation of an 8x10 studio camera, or 4x5. It can be an old beater! If anyone has a lens that they could donate, and a couple of film holders, that would be great! I know we are asking for a lot, but this hopefully would inspire some young people to work with film and let them experience real photography... and think of the tax right off too!
    Can you help us? Thank you!

A.K.A Lucky Bloke ;-)

Re: School Seeks LF Camera

I always thought the camera and the lens are the cheap part. How the Photo teacher is planning to support the rest? (film chemicals, etc.?)

being a student myself, college actually, ill be the first to donate something, no need for a tax right off. i can send 1 film holder your way, this would be the 2nd one i donate to someone, they always seem to be the thing peopel forget to buy.

pm me the address and ill get it shipped out at my expense, although to BC it will take a loooong time, lol

Hi Andrew,
    How about another trade for one of your carbon prints

The world's fugliest 8x10...Kodak Commercial View (Metal 2D) with extension rail...mismatched knobs...gummed up gears ... a real 2 bagger...but light tight!

Turner Reich 12/21/28 f6.8 anast. Ser II in a betax 4 that fires on a Kodak metal board

4 holders that may or may not be light tight.

Some (qty unknown) HP5.

Works?

Jim