Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best online store for film?

Re: Best online store for film?

Freestyle and Badger for me.

Let's see, recent purchases from the View Camera store, FreeStyle, Ultrafine (slightly outdated tmax 100, good to call them and see what they have). Still buy film locally in SF.

Roger

One more for freestyle! :-)

I buy most of my film from either B H or Freestyle. I used to get most of it from Calumet, but they have redefined their business away from chemical photography.
    Ron McElroy
    Memphis

Freestyle, B+H, Badger Graphic, MPX all depending on what it is I'm after & considering tax & shipping. I haven't had much luck finding dated 8x10 film and I've noticed very few places will even list dated 4x5 on line, but Freestyle does, if thats what you're after.
    Personally, I like having a choice between 4 top notch professional suppliers who want my business. Support 'em all!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Any suggestions for us in the UK?

Another vote for Freestyle - orders seem to take about 4-5 days from California to Melbourne (Australia), and even with postage the film is still significantly cheaper than here. It also helps that the Australian dollar is ludicrously strong (used to be US$0.65, is currently US$1.05!!) at the moment.

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Yeah, I'm seriously thinking of buying film from US sources, especially in view of the recent reassurances on the forum about the apparent safety of x-ray machines at airports and borders. Up till now I've seen this as a real drawback, but now think it's worth the risk - after all, all film probably gets scanned, whether it comes in commercially or privately.

I've found photographic stuff very overpriced in this country and have saved good money in the past when buying from US companies. From what I've seen, it looks as though I could easily save 25% on film after freight is included, and not be limited by reduced choices and having to wait months for out of stock items to arrive (Like Efke 25 which has been 'on the boat' for several months!).

Barry.

Barrie B. Melbourne, Australia Barrie B.'s Avatar

Smile Re: Best online store for film?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Kirsten View Post
    Yeah, I'm seriously thinking of buying film from US sources, especially in view of the recent reassurances on the forum about the apparent safety of x-ray machines at airports and borders. Up till now I've seen this as a real drawback, but now think it's worth the risk - after all, all film probably gets scanned, whether it comes in commercially or privately.

I've found photographic stuff very overpriced in this country and have saved good money in the past when buying from US companies. From what I've seen, it looks as though I could easily save 25% on film after freight is included, and not be limited by reduced choices and having to wait months for out of stock items to arrive (Like Efke 25 which has been 'on the boat' for several months!).

Barry.
    Barrie B. Melbourne - I buy Foma 100-4X5 sheet film and my Foma Enlarging papers from Chris Reid - Blanconegro supplies.com.au-NSW great prices and good service.

Just for my own info I worked up an order for a 25-sheet box of Ilford FP4+ 8x10 at three of the contenders:

B&H
    $78.95 film
    $ 7.20 Priority Mail
    $86.15 total

Adorama
    $78.95 film
    $11.75 Priority Mail
    $90.70 total

Freestyle
    $101.89 film !!!
    $ 12.99 Priority Mail
    $ 14.52 additional charge, unexplained !!!
    $114.88 total

So Freestyle is more expensive than B&H by $28.73, or more than $1 per sheet.

Guess who doesn't get my business.

- Leigh