Thread: F.64 Back Pack

F.64 Back Pack

As a newby, I'm already tired of carrying around 2-3 different loaded cases, etc. to take a shot. Obviously need a suitable back pack (Shen -Hao, 4 lenses, Spot Meter, say 4 Film Holders, and Filters). Not interested in huge $. Is the more reasonably priced F.64 Large System Back Pack ( on -Bay) worth the money. Advice please.
    Thank you.

Lachlan 717

Re: F.64 Back Pack

What format is the camera?
    Lachlan.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take. -- Wayne Gretzky

I currently have a new f.64 BP pack for sale in the For Sale/Wanted section.

- Leigh

I can't tell you whether it's worth the money, you'll have to decide that for yourself. But I've used the BPX (larger size) for many years with 4x5 and 8x10 systems. I think it's a good day pack. One thing I like is that it isn't heavily padded and so it doesn't weigh as much as other packs I have such as the LowePro. And if you get the BPX rather than the BP then you'll have plenty of extra room for things like food, water, etc. I'd certainly recommend either the BP or BPX to anyone looking for a roomy, well made, relatively light backpack for use on day hikes with a 4x5 or 8x10 system.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Yes it is a 4x5. Brian, that seems to fit the bill for me. Leigh, will have a look.
    Thanks all.

Haven't tried the F.64. I have one of these, absolutely love it - http://fstopgear.com/en/product/mountain/tilopa

Low profile, extremely comfortable and well thought out. Great tripod carry, holds all your gear plus lunch/jackets, internal frame and has back access. XL ICU will fit everything you listed.