Thread: 4X5 Film in Nimes

Jenks, Oklahoma and Domazan, Gard, France

4X5 Film in Nimes

I found a nice camera shop in Nimes today, near the arena, that stocks Fuji 4X4 negative film, along with 120, and 35mm. The clerk sounded so glad to talk to someone about "argentique" cameras and flim. He said he could order film types he doesn't have in stock.

He also develops the film sizes. I asked the price, ie 120mm and got a " Ce depend" response. It depends that is. Quelle-que Euro was the reply. "Some" price, that is. Depends on the film type, size, etc apparently.

They even have three boxes of Polaroid 667 film stocked. The last of the stuff he said.

The used cameras include several RB67's with different lens/film combos. Too rich for me though. He even had a couple MF/ LF Leica SLR's.

For anyone travelling in Nimes area, the place is called Images Photo, 7, rue Regale -3000 Nimes. Website is www.nimes.images-photo.com. Hours are Tues-Sat, 0930-1230, then 2PM to 7PM. Nice store will all kinds of pro "Numerique" digital cameras/accessories too.

I have the phone number and email address as well should anyone need it.
    Tom

Jenks, Oklahoma and Domazan, Gard, France

Re: 4X5 Film in Nimes

Oops, I said 4x4 film, obviously 4X5.
    Also, this is a national company with about 20 locations in France. Check out www.images-photo.com to see where they are. That's nice to know when travelling here.

The Nimes shop is featuring a Pentax 645D on their web page. Less than 10,995 Euros (about $16,000) on special with a 55mm lens. Has anyone tried one of these? I realized it's not argentique LF but I'm just curious. Has a 40MB pixel sensor 33X44MM sized.

Tom