I want to introduce myself as a member of the Large Format Photography Forum Community since 2001 (better late than never). I am a large- and medium-format photographer using black & white film. I use the Zone System technique that was first developed by Ansel Adams and was fortunate enough to participate in a couple of his workshops before he passed away in 1984. I currently use a 5x7” Ansco and a 6x9cm Galvin as my primary cameras. My LF Profile describes my other photographic equipment and materials.

In 1975 I wanted to make a living in the field of photography, but did not want to be a commercial photographer, so I took a correspondence course in camera repair offered by SPT (Society of Photo-Technologists International), then started repairing cameras for a local camera store. My reputation spread by favorable word of mouth until I was able to open my own camera repair business.

My two interests—photography and camera repair—have meshed to make me knowledgeable in both areas and I feel lucky to be able to work with them every day of my life. I hope some of you will visit my website, www.henrypaine.com, and feel free to contact me with questions about my methods and technique in photography and/or camera repair.