Thread: which film for office interior shot

which film for office interior shot

I've been asked to photograph the interior of an office. Available light (huge w indows)but which slide film do i use?? I need to take some pictures of people at their desks and so a fast(ish) shutter speed is probably a good idea, hence my thoughts for a fast(ish!!) film. I will be using a 6x9 roll film back. Any sugge stions as to a suitable, fast roll film?? Thanks in anticipation, Paul

It's a bit out of the mainstream for a reversal film i.e. black and white, but Agfa Scala 200 will push very well. I know that your most likely looking for a color film, but I had to mention this very unique film just the same.

I'm not too sure why you'd need a particularly fast film for this assignment. People sitting at desks shouldn't be any problem with a shutter speed of 1/8th or 1/15th, and if you've got computer monitors in view you'll need to use a speed of 1/30th or slower to ensure that the screen doesn't have bars across it.I'd have thought that using 200 ISO Ektachrome would have been more than enough, but I haven't seen the location, you have. A bit of bounce flash as a fill in might not go amiss either.

yep, if you have computer screens which require detail then you're going to need the 30th of a sec, or slower, shutter speed. Haven't done this in a long time so the memory is fuzzy. experiment some at home.

My own recent question of film considerations for interior work yielded NPS/NPL/EPN in 4x5 for a forgiving film in mixed lighting. You'll probably need an FL filter if it's prevalent, office and all; Why take chances. I'll be trying NPS myself around home to test it out since Sensia doesn't come in 4x5 or 120. If you want to try print film, Reala has the 4th layer technology for better results in mixed lighting.