Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: View Camera Journal

View Camera Journal

As a newbie, in an effort to support LF and my learning thereof, I subscribed to the Journal back in February, funds duly taken from PayPal. I have however received no confirmation of my subscription. Without recognition I can not enter the site. Today, I emailed for clarification but my email was returned "mail box full". Is there a problem here?

Re: View Camera Journal

Do you mean View Camera Magazine? Their subscription performance is awful at best in my experience. I subscribed years ago and stopped because I received about 2 issues a year in my mailbox. The rest of the time I had to purchase at the bookstore. I re- subscribed 2 months ago and have not received a copy, not even a back issue. In my mind nothing has changed and I wasted my money again.

I hope you have a better outcome. You might try calling them. Any time I called in the past they blamed the postal service which I thought (and still think) is a lame excuse since VC is the only magazine that never seems to make it to my mailbox.

No, it is a small operation. I have been a subscriber for over 20 years and once you are on their subscription list, it eventually gets better. Just have some patience.

Kind regards,
    Darr

PS: check your mailbox in 5 minutes for a PM.

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

I have been a View Camera subscriber for 4 or 5 years now and have never missed an issue. Apparently they wait until the newsstand issue is out before they mail out the subscribers issue for the preceding issue. For example I received the January/February issue around the 1st of March. Other than that their service is good.

Thomas

Tony -

It typically takes several months for a new magazine subscription to 'take'. What typically happens is that the publisher supplied a list of subscribers to the printer who prints mailing labels and mails each issue.

February was just last month. I just got my copy of the January/February issue last week. If I were you, I would not expect to receive anything in the mail until at least May.

View Camera is a very small operation - basically, just two people, Steve Simmons and Andrea Miles. So its not unusual for them to take a bit longer to respond. A phone call may be more effective than an e-mail.

My experience was the same as the OP's. After two subscription payments I gave up. Seems like a pretty good scam.
    -Chris

Any subscription issues I had were solved by making a phone call. They also have returned messages left by phone. It is one of two remaining publications I support, the other being LensWork.

Seems others are having the same issue I just went through. In addition to ordering the magazine I also ordered the articles on CD. It took a couple of emails to Andrea -- each of which were answered within 48 hours -- and all is well. Because of the delay in my order they priority mailed the Feb issue with the CD to me !

Good Luck

Lascassas, TN

I have been a subscriber since 2004. The one issue I missed was replaced after a phone call. Even then, the missed issue was caused by my son picking up the mail and loosing the magazine in his truck.

Nice people......
    Bill Kumpf

I have subscribed since the beginning. The only issues I have missed have been two when I had let my subscription run out. The good things in life are worth waiting for.

Calling is best.