Thread: Ever try??????????

Ever try??????????

Have you ever tried processing film in a paper processing tube? You would have to put the film in emulsion up but what would happen to the other side,would it get any chemistry on that side of the film.I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried it.

Re: Ever try??????????

This is actually a fairly common practice.

I use the 8X10 Jobo paper tubes to process 8X10 e6 and c41 on the Jobo CPP processor. Haven't had problems.

I use a Unicolor paper tube to develop 8x10. It works fine & suits my temperment (I get bored easily ) little ridges in the tube keep the back of the filmwaysron the sides so the chemistry can get at it.
    I do not use a paper drum for prints That would defeat my purpose,which is watching the image materialize in a tray under a safelight .
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

I use the Beseler 8x10 color drum. You can put 1 - 8x10 or 4 - 4x5 negs or 2 - 5x7 in a drum.