Thread: Linhof Color Karden Lensboards Options?

Linhof Color Karden Lensboards Options?

I have an 8x10 Linhof Color Karden triplex camera that has a front standard fitted with an adapter that accepts 5 1/8" x 5" lens boards with a notch in the bottom for orientation.

A couple of lenses that I would like to use on this camera require a flange that pretty much swallows the lens board mentioned above. Are there any options to either a different front face or some other options to use a larger lensboard?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Linhof Color Karden Lensboards Options?

what about having a step-up lensboard made? Say, to Sinar or Toyo(6 1/2" square??, IDK for sure) sized boards? Shouldn't be too hard for anyone with some time, $$$ for materials and and 1/2 a machine shop w/ an endmill.

-Dan

Linhof 001040 lens boards from the 57 Technika.

Michael,

The original flat boards are rare and expensive (Glennview has a couple I think), but the recessed boards are relatively cheap and common. I'd get one of those and have the "recess" machined off and a flat plate adapted with an adapter for any common board you desire. Since the originals are 9" boards, you should have room.

I have a couple at S.K. Grimes now.

Cheers, Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hamley View Post
    Michael,

The original flat boards are rare and expensive (Glennview has a couple I think), but the recessed boards are relatively cheap and common. I'd get one of those and have the "recess" machined off and a flat plate adapted with an adapter for any common board you desire. Since the originals are 9" boards, you should have room.

I have a couple at S.K. Grimes now.

Cheers, Steve
    Perhaps but we still have a brand new, factory sealed, one in stock complete with a cable release quick socket and a 1 hole. 001129 (old type). This is for the ones that accepted the Technika 57 boards. And Linhof still makes to 001040 flat 57 Technika board which also fit these cameras. So boards are not rare.

Bob,

No, I was talking about the 9" boards being rare and expensive, not the flat lens board adapter. If you have any of the 9" flat boards cheap, e-mail me!

Cheers, Steve

Spoke to Martin at Marflex last evening and the 5x7 Linhof lens boards are essentially the generic version of what I already have. Same proportions of what I had fabricated for this application.

The solution will be to fabricate a step up lens board that will allow the original board to be held onto the lens board adapter and on top of it a spacer to accept the larger flange for the lens. Was hoping that this was not the case but such is life.

I found a recessed lens board assembly that came with the camera system but I cannot sacrifice it for this application. It is new in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hamley View Post
    Bob,

No, I was talking about the 9" boards being rare and expensive, not the flat lens board adapter. If you have any of the 9" flat boards cheap, e-mail me!

Cheers, Steve
    That is a rare one. We have not had any since the 70's, if we had any at all.