Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greetings from NZ

Re: Greetings from NZ

Vanbar does look cheaper than freestyle, although I cannot see how much they charge for shipping to NZ, which is annoying. As for that Toyo, that definitely does look like a good price for what it gives! - a bit beyond my means at the moment, I'll keep my eye on it in the future, however.

Welcome, Alpacaman, and good luck with your entry into the wonderful world of LF.

Just a word of caution, though. I have always been hesitant about buying film from overseas because of the risks of X-ray damage at borders. The bottom line is that there is no safe level of irradiation for film. I know others may not agree about the level of risk, and many like David have found no harmful effects to film they've bought in. however I believe it's safer to buy film from dealers whose regular bulk consignments from recognised manufacturers and distributors are less likely to attract scrutiny from the security people.

Having said that, I'm lucky in being only a short distance from VanBar, from whom I buy all my film.

All the best,

Baz.

Thanks, I will be sure to keep that in mind, it sounds like it could prove problematic

Boxed and ready to go Michael. Dont worry about film, you have enough for a little while.

Enjoy using it and post some pictures. You will never be 17 again so it is a once in a life time opportunity, living near Christchurch at this time, with fresh eyes.

You can look on youtube and see a video of Stephen Shore when he was 17.

Fantastic, thanks so much David

Applause for David for his generosity!

Good luck, Michael.

Baz.