Thread: 12 to 14 Photographers Wanted For "Folio Exchange."

Re: 12 to 14 Photographers Wanted For "Folio Exchange."

OK, here is the start of the list:

1. Jim Becia
    2. Richard Coda
    3. Darren Kruger
    4. Thad Gerheim
    5. Richard A Johnson

Looking for 12 photographers total. Thanks.

This sound interesting Jim. I would like to participate.
    Ron McElroy
    Memphis

Hi Jim,

Does it matter if it is fiber paper? I would love to join in if I can send fiber silver gelatin prints? I do not really know what the folios you have are like and if they can accommodate fiber prints with their inherit curl. The curl can be somewhat solved with putting them in a dry mount press, but loose mine always have a little bow in them. Is it a problem?
    regards
    Erik

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Larsen View Post
    Hi Jim,

Does it matter if it is fiber paper? I would love to join in if I can send fiber silver gelatin prints? I do not really know what the folios you have are like and if they can accommodate fiber prints with their inherit curl. The curl can be somewhat solved with putting them in a dry mount press, but loose mine always have a little bow in them. Is it a problem?
    regards
    Erik
    Erik,

I'm willing to go with fiber based prints as long as the paper is 11x14. I'm sure it will not hurt anything is there is a slight bow. Please let me know if you want to do it. Thanks. Jim

Ok, updated list:

1. Jim Becia
    2. Darren Kruger
    3. Thad Gerheim
    4. Richard A Johnson
    5. Ron McElroy

Great jim, count me in then!
    Regards
    Erik

Hi Jim,

Don Bryant is raising his hand, however he requests a short simple list of the requirementss for each participant.

Most likely my offering will be ink jet but would a 4x5,5x7, or 8x10 alternative process contact print on a larger piece of paper be acceptable?

If I understand correctly I would produce 12 prints and receive back one of my own with 11 others in a folio.

Best regards,

Don Bryant

Do you send in a 12 print portfolio and recieve someone elses 12 print portfolio. If so, it is completely pointless sending them to you first. Why dont you just exchange them directly with whoever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Bryant View Post
    Hi Jim,

Don Bryant is raising his hand, however he requests a short simple list of the requirementss for each participant.

Most likely my offering will be ink jet but would a 4x5,5x7, or 8x10 alternative process contact print on a larger piece of paper be acceptable?

If I understand correctly I would produce 12 prints and receive back one of my own with 11 others in a folio.

Best regards,

Don Bryant
    Don,

As long as your print is on 11x14, you can send an inkjet or anything else. I just request that final paper size be 11x14. It can be an alternative process, not a problem. And yes, you would produce 12 prints and would receive one back in the folio. The folios will consist of 12 total images of which one is yours. I just figure it easier for me to put them all together. I will also be including some type of information page with all the titles, photographer's names, info about the photo, etc. I want this to be fun, but I am also going to make it look as classy as I can.

Basically, I need 12 prints from each participant. The final size of the paper has to be 11x14. While not a requirement, it would be nice if the image has a title or at least the photographer's name on it so that when I put them all together and print out a info sheet that it is easy for the info to match up with the photo. (Hope that makes sense.)

The only other requirement is that you ship the pieces to me. I'm guessing postage will be around $10, but I can wait and "bill" the postage amount. Hope this clarifies everything. Jim

Quote Originally Posted by mdm View Post
    Do you send in a 12 print portfolio and recieve someone elses 12 print portfolio. If so, it is completely pointless sending them to you first. Why dont you just exchange them directly with whoever you want.
    David,

You would be sending 12 of the same image to me and then you would receive a folio of 12 images of which one photo in the set is yours. I will put the pieces together in the 11x14 inch folios that I had produced. (If you are not familiar with this, search "Lenswork style folios." I think that will explain the folio. Jim