Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Anyone Having Problems With Light Impressions?

Is Anyone Having Problems With Light Impressions?

Just a quick question. I ordered about $300 in matte board from Light Impressions on Feb 22 and have not received shipment confirmation. I've emailed the company and called everyday for 3 days and not gotten a single answer. Their automatic call back system just loops to another ringer that is never answered. Has anyone had similar problems? Does anyone know anyone at the company that they might be able to connect me with? I need the boards for an upcoming show and I'm kind of freaked out by the lack of response on the part of the company. Any insight into this would be very much appreciated.

Re: Is Anyone Having Problems With Light Impressions?

Quote Originally Posted by Fragomeni View Post
    Just a quick question. I ordered about $300 in matte board from Light Impressions on Feb 22 and have not received shipment confirmation. I've emailed the company and called everyday for 3 days and not gotten a single answer. Their automatic call back system just loops to another ringer that is never answered. Has anyone had similar problems? Does anyone know anyone at the company that they might be able to connect me with? I need the boards for an upcoming show and I'm kind of freaked out by the lack of response on the part of the company. Any insight into this would be very much appreciated.
    I ordered negative envelopes about October 22. They charged my credit card October 25. When I neither received a shipment confirmation or the envelopes, I called about November 17 and was told they were out of stock for 6-7 weeks. Have yet to receive them. Been procrastinating about a follow-up call, probably anticipating an experience like yours. I don't expect to order anything from them again.
    David

Can someone let me know what the charge shows up under on the credit card statement? Is it Light Impressions or some other name? A quick response will be hugely appreciated as I'd like to nip this in the bud before a charge shows up if its not already there. THANK YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by Fragomeni View Post
    Can someone let me know what the charge shows up under on the credit card statement? Is it Light Impressions or some other name? A quick response will be hugely appreciated as I'd like to nip this in the bud before a charge shows up if its not already there. THANK YOU!
    On my Discover Card statement it showed up as "Light Impressions -NCD Santa Fe Spr CA"
    David

Googling "Better Business Bureau Santa Fe Springs California" turned this up:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/light-impres...nta-fe-springs

Not at all encouraging.
    David

I get my matboard and supplies from Lodima. If they don't answer leave a message and they're pretty prompt about getting back to you. I've had a couple "my final is due next week" scenarios and they've always gotten stuff out to me quickly. Plus their board is the best.

http://www.lodimaarchivalmaterials.com/lam/index.html

Thanks David. I called my credit card company and the charge isnt there yet but all I can do is wait and see if they charge and when they do I start a dispute process. Kind of a pain in the ass.

Letchhausen, I called Lodima about 30 min ago and didnt receive an answer or a voice mail. I sent them an email after that. I've heard good things about them so I might give them a try. Archival Methods was also recommended and apparently they were the supplier for Light Impressions for a while. I called Archival Methods and they actually had someone on the other end of the line which is amazing considering all of this. Archival Methods carries everything I need except for buffer mount sheets to dry mount the prints to the boards. Does Lodima carry this?

Joshua Tree, California

i never use them anymore. try Framedestination.com for much better prices and service

Richard M. Coda

Francesco... give John Kitts a call (from Imageworks and 422 Gallery)... he can get you mat board, when you want it and at a competitive price. 602-670-1342

Rich

BTW, if you are going to the next IW meeting (at Dwight's house) we generally meet at NICK's (Pinnacle Peak and Pima) for happy hour (great Calamari and good drink prices) which ends at 6 PM (meetings starts at 7 and is only a few minutes away).
    Photographs by Richard M. Coda
    my blog
    Primordial: 2010 - Photographs of the Arizona Monsoon
    "Speak softly and carry an 8x10"
    "I shoot a HYBRID - Arca/Canham 11x14"