Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first ever LF sheets....BUT

My first ever LF sheets....BUT

And put 1 million lines under big "BUT", i failed in something, a big big stupid mistake, i feel ashamed to have that big silly mistake at the beginning, no wonder why i have one sheet as blank nothing there, and here is the second sheet result:

So this is officially my first LF shot, don't know what i have to do, so that i asked about processing LF sheets, i don't want to waste money for the lab for failed bad mistake[user: me], your comments???

Re: My first ever LF sheets....BUT

I don't have something to post as my first ever LF shot.

Format Omnivore Brian C. Miller's Avatar

Hey, relax! You have both of your shots here, just on one piece of film. This happens to all of us, and is a very easy mistake to make. Some guys are really good with double exposures like this, and make marvelous compositions. I think I made this mistake myself last month. Another mistake is using a rangefinder and forgetting to take off the lens cap.

(Somebody posted a "mistake" where he exposed the same negative three times.)

I've done this too! Your shot has a neat look to it though! That is one of issues we all have to deal with when doing LF work, there are no interlocks to stop you making dumb mistakes. I'm sure you'll do better next time!
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Brian C. Miller View Post
    Hey, relax! You have both of your shots here, just on one piece of film. This happens to all of us, and is a very easy mistake to make. Some guys are really good with double exposures like this, and make marvelous compositions. I think I made this mistake myself last month. Another mistake is using a rangefinder and forgetting to take off the lens cap.

(Somebody posted a "mistake" where he exposed the same negative three times.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Filmnut View Post
    I've done this too! Your shot has a neat look to it though! That is one of issues we all have to deal with when doing LF work, there are no interlocks to stop you making dumb mistakes. I'm sure you'll do better next time!
    Keith

Hahaha, somehow i feel happy to get something, looking at both shots i think the exposure is not that much bad, maybe a bit over for one shot and a bit under for the another, i was so close, but really i can't understand how that mistake happened, sounds even with all careful steps i still did a mistake, so with B&W i doubled or merged exposures [multi], and with color one sheet with black "frame or border" on top.

I hope i will not do more mistakes, no time to waste films and money on mistakes.

Thats actually a very interesting shot.Me likes

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Strobel View Post
    Thats actually a very interesting shot.Me likes
    What next, shoot more or stop here to learn from mistakes?!!!

Make sure you mark the holder once you have taken a shot (either by flipping the darkslide or by making a pencil mark) then you know not to do it again.

When two images are exposed you've essentially doubled the exposure time. Don't worry about exposure values on a double exposure until you know what you're like on a single shot per film.

Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    What next, shoot more or stop here to learn from mistakes?!!!
    Lol! Well if double exposure is your thing your off to a great start There are quite a few steps in the LF camera process, and mistakes happen to us all.You'll sorta get a rhythm down as you progress, so just keep shooting, and log down your mistakes so you can avoid them.My biggest mistake when starting off with 8x10 was chopping off half the image with my compendum lens shade.Didn't see it when focusing wide open.With 8x10 it can get expensive screwing up, so its always check and check again.I assume those with OCD probably make the least mistakes with a view camera lol Shoot on!

OK, i can't wait to start or shoot seriously again, i feel i want to shoot NOW to correct my mistakes and see my new attempts, but i want to know how to process my own B&W films so i don't need to use the lab all the time and spend more for it.