Thread: Hello from So Cal

Hello from So Cal

Yesterday I posted under the Linhof serial number thread and Bob Salomon was nice enough to share that I am the proud owner of a 1974 Karden Color 45s. You can see the original post on page 54 on the thread with details about the camera and the lenses. I'm looking to sell the whole thing but don't know how to research a fair price. If anyone has suggestions on whether eBay or this site would be best I welcome them. I can't post on the for sale section of this site until I have been a member for 30 days...which is fine as I will have time to take some shots of the rig. I'm sorry to sell the system, but being the father of two young boys who play every sport imaginable leaves me little time for the passions of my youth. Better that it be used by someone with the time than to continue being locked up in its box.

Thanks to all who may reply, Roy

Re: Hello from So Cal

Well, it appears that your trip into the world of LF is going to be short...welcome to group therapy anyway! Probably the best way to estimate the value of your camera and accessories is to study completed sales on eBay and to look at asking prices of the same used equipment at major sellers of used gear such as KEH, B&H, etc. with the idea of pricing yours a little lower than the retailers are asking.

Smile Re: Hello from So Cal

Thanks Vick....great advice....I did do quite a bit of 4 x 5 work in high school in the 1970's and really loved the format, but like I said, my current lifestyle just doesn't accommodate such a hobby and the camera is so dang clean and beautiful that I hate to see it go unused. I appreciate your post.

Roy