Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replacement ground glass screen.

Jenks, Oklahoma and Domazan, Gard, France

Re: Replacement ground glass screen. (And Fresnel)

I'm considering changing the fresnel lens when I change the ground glass (hopefully it will arrive tomorrow) and I can't seem to locate one for the Graflex 45 Speed on E* or elsewhere (at least for a reasonable price.)

Searching E*B**, I found full page fresnel magnifiers for reasonable prices. Typically 2X. Made of acrylic. Has anyone tried to make a fresnel out of one of these magnifier sheets? If so, does the 2X magnification really hurt much (realizing that the image wont' be the same size as what winds up on the negative later.)

I did notice that most of the fresnel magnifiers are offered by Hong Kong sellers. Obviously I would prefer to buy one locally in Wallyworld or at an office supply store. I did find a Bausch & Lomb Magna-Page™ Full-Page Magnifier at Staples for about $8. I wonder if this would work OK. If so, I'll try to cut one for a 23 Crown thats a bit dim.

These magnifier sheets are very thin and flexible so they shouldn't throw off the focal length too far. I hope. Or will they?

Tom

Jenks, Oklahoma and Domazan, Gard, France

Re: Replacement ground glass screen.

I received my Graflex 4X5 Ground Glass yesterday and installed it today. Fits perfect in my 45 Speed Graphic. This was offered on E-B* by a Deardorf seller who said he though it was for Graflex. Sure is. I"m glad I got a replacement part rather than panicking while trying to trip 1/4 inch off both directions of the 4X5 glass from Surplusshed.com. I might order a couple of the 4X5's though for my 23 Model Graflex's as there is enough to cut and break.

For Raglansurf if you are watching and haven't received yours yet in London. I measured the glass for you so you will know in advance if you have to cut it or if it will really fit your Toyo well. The glass is (in US inches) 3 15/16 X 4 13/16 inches.

Mine arrived perfect, new NOS stock as described, no scratches, etc. Just a few small chips missing on edges from the glass cutter blade. It sure is nice to have a bright, clean image again in the viewfinder. Barring the fresnel which has a scratch in upper corner that is distracting. I'm working on a solution for that.

Tom

Re: Replacement ground glass screen.

I have a problem with replacing focusing screen in my Ikeda Anba. I want to buy: [http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ground-Glass...:eRTM:US:1123].

Will it fit to my camera?
    The seller said that the various screens fit different models and can not be replaced without thinking. They can be difficult to focus or sharpness. Is this true? He said something that "inclination angle" may be different between models.
    Can you advise me what should I buy, or from which camera model will fit into my Ikeda Anba.
    Thanks in advance.

Sorry for my english