Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: choice of b&w film

choice of b&w film

Try FP4, Delta 100, PanF or T-Max 100 in an ascorbic acid developer, such as the one by DrCyril T Blood in British Journal of Photography issue, dated 10.11.99. I've yet to try it (whenevevr I can get round to getting enough cash for a drum or s/h tank processor) but as far as I can tell you can uprate PanF to 125 or 160, and still have easily printable shadow detail) by the way, I am qute new to LF, and am constantly unsurprised (in an ever cynical way) f the prices for materials in the UK, that and the COMPLETE AND UTTER IMCOMPETENCE of a certain high street (klicks) mini-lab when it comes to handling 120 film - we can hndle that, TWO weeks later they hand me a damaged spool of film, they could not handle. When I comliained they said that I had sent the film in that condition, so as a warning to anyone who takes some photos and prefers the convenience of dropping into a nearby minilab that claims they can provide a service, rather than going into Glasgow, walking all the way in to Finneston to a Pro-lab and paying that bit more (and on may wages, even with a student discount that is a bit much). Anyway, to get back to the pointusing an ascorbic acid developer with FP$ or Pan F inparticular gives 'nice' negs, please fell free to dispute this but that is my opinion.

David Kirk

choice of b&w film

Another vote for Arista 125 and 400 in HC-110. It responds very nicely to expansion and compaction. And like the man said, it's cheap -- make that inexpensive.

choice of b&w film

Pyro with just about anything! I have used it on Tri-X 35-57 formats, Arisa 125 in 120 format, HP5, HP4, XP1, Plus-X, Tech-Pan 35-45, it does take awhile to find your nitch with it. Pat

choice of b&w film

What can I say, but thanks very much !!! I'll try and give some of the combinations a go pretty soon. Regards (again) Paul.