A couple of months ago in this forum, I made some rather disparaging remarks to Bob Salomon about what I thought was rather high prices for Linhof cameras. Last night, I was reading a book published about 1942 which showed the early Linhof as well as many other fine cameras of its day. At the time the book was publishe d, the Linhof, without lens, was listed at $234.00. A Speed Graphic was about $2 00 with flash gun, and the Juwel B, a Saint Ansel favorite, was about $340. A Ro lleiflex was $275. The point of this is that given the inflation factor between 1942 and today, tod ay's cameras are quite a bargain. Remember that in 1942 a new Ford or Chevy coul d be bought for about $900. Look at the prices of cars today. In another section of the same book, a photographer was bragging that he was doi ng quite well selling pictures to boxers and wrestlers at the fantastic sum of $ 25 PER HUNDRED FOR 8X10 glossies. As for me, I think I will stop bitching so much about camera prices and give tha nks that I don't have to make 8x10s for twenty-five cents each. Doug.