Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: damaged photographs

Eric Woodbury

Re: damaged photographs

A friend of mine had a Moonrise extracted from museum board while Ansel was still alive. The board had turned pink. In advance, Ansel agreed to resign the print. Someone in the San Francisco area did the work, insured it first. It was done by heating the dry mount press to some high temperature and cooking the print. Once thoroughly melted, the print was taken from the press and quickly removed from the board. It was then remounted and signed. I realize there is no bringing Imogen back for a signing, but there is a way to remove them without chemicals.
    my picture blog
    ejwoodbury.blogspot.com

Robert Taylor

Re: damaged photographs

"The prints, most likely, will never be in better than their present state. They are what they are, and possibly not unique in their condition to other works produced over a long career. It might be worth a query to the Imogen Cunningham Trust."

This, from Merg Ross, is probably a good insight into what she has, and since she knows Rondal, I'm sure she would be comfortable approaching the Cunningham Trust. The specific contact information for the Oakland Museum is also very helpful and seems a logical step to offer her. As a side-note, she was a good friend of Imogen as well as a model and as such told a few delightful stories of her recollections of Imogen, Brett Weston, Wynn Bullock and other luminaries of the era.

All of your insights and suggestions are greatly appreciated and will be passed along to her.

Thank you ALL very much!